Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, this EFI Live looks awesome.... but so many questions come to mind! Can anyone help a newbie out with a couple answers so I can decide if I want to take the plunge? I have read and read, so I apologize if any of these questions are redundant.... my head spins with info overload right now!

1) If you are running a pretty agressive tune and then need to hook up a heavy-ish load (say, 13,000 lb. trailer, for instance), then what needs to be done? Fresh download? How long does that take? Nice to be able to switch settings quickly when needed...

2) Does the EFI Live give the ability to raise rev limit, like the PPE? If so, does the trans then know to hold shift points to take advantage of the new revs at WOT?

3) Can it automatically de-fuel at a certain EGT, or trans slip, like EJ/A?

Thanks so much for the help!
Brian Flanagan:cool2:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, THEN I read the sticky regarding switchable programs.....D'oh!!! That's gotta be new, right?

Other questions stand. Thanks for the info!

Brian Flanagan
Slow today...

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
1) A switch is in the works right now to switch between two(I think) programs on the fly. With out the switch you will need to have the flashscan cable and a Laptop to reflash to a lesser tune.

2) The sky is the limit. The Alli cpu has not be cracked yet. It will shift the same as your truck does now.

3) No

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
You can adjust more tables than anything else currently available,

The switchable tune is up and runing in BETA right now........I am running it as well as several others.

The sky is the limit, you can adjust speedo, rpm limiter, there are defuel tables and a whole bunch more.

T:cool: NY

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I'll add al ittle something to this.....

Don't remember seeing it anywhere else but can this lock in 4th or lock out 5th like the Tech II? If not, whatcha do for dyno-ing?

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
I'll add al ittle something to this.....

Don't remember seeing it anywhere else but can this lock in 4th or lock out 5th like the Tech II? If not, whatcha do for dyno-ing?
OD Lock-out is available on 2001-202 model years.

The OD Lock-out is done by adding a momentay on switch to you truck and wiring it into the TCM connector for the Allison.

I have mine hooked up and for dynoing that prevents a 4-5 upshift, however you still should use a TECH II for consistant dyno results to command 4th gear.

T:cool: NY

·
Registered
146 Posts
Can EFI reset the Allison TAPS?

·
Registered
2,393 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
If one were to have a purchased program loaded "PPE, Banks..." could you upload and make changes to this program, or is it protected?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts