Diesel Place banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the 6.5 Chevy diesels. After buying my first 94 Crewcab K3500 5speed stick, I went to Leroy Diesel and bought almost everything to bulletproof it. The truck starts and runs. However, after driving down the road a few miles it goes into what I would consider a limp mode. The truck being a stick shift I'm able to push the clutch and shut the truck down and re-fire it while going down the road it then drives normal again for quite some time. However, after a few miles, it will go into limp mode again the only code the truck has ever had was for the glow plugs. That has been resolved. No codes appear all gauges read properly. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
22,662 Posts
I am new to the 6.5 Chevy diesels. After buying my first 94 Crewcab K3500 5speed stick, I went to Leroy Diesel and bought almost everything to bulletproof it. The truck starts and runs. However, after driving down the road a few miles it goes into what I would consider a limp mode. The truck being a stick shift I'm able to push the clutch and shut the truck down and re-fire it while going down the road it then drives normal again for quite some time. However, after a few miles, it will go into limp mode again the only code the truck has ever had was for the glow plugs. That has been resolved. No codes appear all gauges read properly. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to DieselPlace

Please list all mods done so far
(y)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to DieselPlace

Please list all mods done so far
(y)
Raptor 100 fuel pump kit including inline fuel filter, remote mounted PDM, duramax fan, removed fuel sock in the tank.

·
Administrator
22,662 Posts
Start by going through all grounds using this link for reference: Grounds-Grounds-Grounds The importance of good grounds.....
Install a piece of clear fuel line on the return side of the Injection Pump to help locate any air in fuel issues, as shown in this link:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Start by going through all grounds using this link for reference: Grounds-Grounds-Grounds The importance of good grounds.....
Install a piece of clear fuel line on the return side of the Injection Pump to help locate any air in fuel issues, as shown in this link:
I have custom made battery cables. And ground cables. Grounded from both batteries to the motor. From those same bolts to the frame and to the fire wall. All in massive 2aw wires.

·
Administrator
22,662 Posts
I have custom made battery cables. And ground cables. Grounded from both batteries to the motor. From those same bolts to the frame and to the fire wall. All in massive 2aw wires.
There are important grounds at the back of the intake on the passenger side that deal with the PCM.. Go through the grounds link to get ALL grounds. They all need to be clean and tight

Reactions: dieselolds

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Raptor 100 fuel pump kit including inline fuel filter, remote mounted PDM, duramax fan, removed fuel sock in the tank.
Could it be the gas pedal sensor?
There are important grounds at the back of the intake on the passenger side that deal with the PCM.. Go through the grounds link to get ALL grounds. They all need to be clean and tight
ya one I found goes fire wall the intake stud. Then from that stud to the wiring harness. Did I miss any?

·
Administrator
22,662 Posts
Could it be the gas pedal sensor?

ya one I found goes fire wall the intake stud. Then from that stud to the wiring harness. Did I miss any?
IF it was the pedal sensor you would have APP codes

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IF it was the pedal sensor you would have APP codes
That’s the thing the light comes and goes. But when I stop it isn’t on any more. On when I’m driving.

·
Administrator
22,662 Posts
That’s the thing the light comes and goes. But when I stop it isn’t on any more. On when I’m driving.
Is it the Check engine light?

·
Administrator
22,662 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IF the check engine light is lit there should be a code stored
It doesn’t stay on. And the one time it did it was a code 29 and from what I found that’s for the glow plugs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts