Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a Chevy or GMC 2500HD Crew cab pickup in the near future with the Duramax and Allison. I am a little worried about the injector problems I've been reading about, and would like to do everything I can to try to reduce potential problems.

I am thinking about getting the Racor RK32313 filter kit. It also looks like a lift pump is a good idea. What's everybody's imput on these?

I was also considering some kind of tune like the Superchips Microtuner. I don't want to do anything crazy. I wouldn't mind picking up a little more power, but I'm more interested in picking up economy.

Would it be a good or bad idea to add EGT, boost and (if possible) Turbo temp gauges, to know what's going on?

Any suggerstions as to anything else I should do?

Thanks

·
Registered
713 Posts
I would STRONGLY sugest that you do a little leg work of your own, right here on the site. Run a search for your specific questions/concerns, as they have all been fully discussed, in GREAT detail.

READ! LEARN! Then Ask!
There is so much info on this forum, you should have no problems finding all your answers.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Silveradogs has a point.....

But I'll get you started.

I don't really think the injector issue is something to concern yourself with. Remember, a lot of people come to this forum with questions or problems concerning their trucks, so you don't hear from the folks who've not had injector problems for the most part. The engine's got a 100,000 mile warranty on it, I wouldn't sweat it.

I think you'll find an agreement that some sort of secondary filtration is a good idea, but how to best do that is where there are LOTS of options. You'll have to decide for yourself after doing some research here. I bought the Racor because I liked the setup and my B*tt head Service Manager okayed it with regard to warranty issues, YMMV..

You don't have to worry about performance tuners at this point since there are not yet any available for the new LLY model engine that started showing up on the lots about the end of December. Stay tuned for when they start coming out, most of the vendors of those things are represented here and I'm sure they'll tell us when the stuff becomes available.

If you're going to "chip it", I think an EGT is an absolute necessity, the other stuff is nice if you want it. Increased economy with a tuner is something that seems to be mostly controlled by how heavy your foot is after the install.....

Hope this helps get you started.

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
I bolted the nictane kit (fuel filter) on and havent had a single problem with it. Thats more then I can say about almost every other after market part I have purchased.

I would buy the nictane.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts