Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know anything about a new dual ball bearing turbo from Garret ?

I saw in Diesel power magazine that it was at the SEMA show but I can't find anything on there web site about it.

www.turbobygarrett.com

DD

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Scott at Mass Diesel performance is going to be one of the dealers for them, try contacting him for more information.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Scott at Mass Diesel performance is going to be one of the dealers for them, try contacting him for more information.
:exactly: they should start shipping within a week or two from what i'm told, well be installng one on a buddies truck, i'll let ya know how it all works out!!!

LAter,
Caleb

·
Premium Member
20,558 Posts
just get a BD now rather than waiting for the Garrett! :D

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
well be installng one on a buddies truck, i'll let ya know how it all works out!!!

LAter,
Caleb
Drag racer Drew's truck?

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx for the link Dstrbd,

I'm not well versed on turbo's, So would this be a better turbo than a BD or about the same, performance and towing wise ? Can't tell by the graph on the flyer.

Is the ball bearing design a better way to go for power and longevity or not ?

Any word on pricing ?

The down pipe looks more rectangle shape to fit better against the firewall, wonder if it has more restriction in it or if it's larger to begin with and flows just as well. Ben knows about pipes against a firewall :)

Is Garret a good turbo company ?
I recognize the name but really don't know anything about them.

The flyer mentions up to 170 hp over stock, but starting with what program ?

Thx for any help

DD

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
garret makes alot of turbos for alot of things including the vvt turbo found on the lly and lbz, ball bearings should offer more longevity!

For pricing contact Scott at Mass Diesel, theres a link in my sig!

Adam, yep its going on dragracers truck, his is hitting the housing and has been for some time now!!!!!!!
Later,
Caleb

·
Premium Member
20,558 Posts
yeah I think Edge already has one for the Cummins...its strictly a tow/reduced EGT turbo tho...not really for big HP...

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A lot of turbo's coming out from diffrent vendors, I wonder who's going to be the first with an easy removal and installation version. :ro)

·
Premium Member
20,558 Posts
There is *NO* easy turbo install!!! :)

Now that I did one I bet I could do another in half the time with some help...so when are we gonna :grd: Drago???:D You know SMOKIN wants to sing a little more...):h

--Ben

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.