Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been piloting this rocket since Saturday. All I can say is it's Awesome!! It's my first diesel and I absolutely love it. The best part of it is that it's a diesel handshaker. We finally had some sun in Ohio today so that I could take some pictures of this torque monster.

I need to do some work to my pictures to make them small enough to upload to the garage. In the meantime, I've posted a few on webshots. My webshots homepage is: http://community.webshots.com/user/jd_mike for those who want to check it out.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Man, your Camper mirrors sure look different than mine. Different vendors?

Steve

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Man, your Camper mirrors sure look different than mine. Different vendors?

Steve
Those mirrors come standard on the "WT" (work truck) models.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have to get the 1LT trim to get the big power camper mirrors. These fill my need for visibility plenty good.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Congrats on the new truck! After I got mine, I swore I would never buy anything but a diesel for the rest of my life!

·
Registered
235 Posts
You have to get the 1LT trim to get the big power camper mirrors. These fill my need for visibility plenty good.
Hey, the look GREAT. I just haven't seen them, so I was wondering. Obviously, they are light-years better than the little ones my old Z-71 had.

Congratulations on your new Duramax. I sincerely hope that we both have many, many years of flawless service out of these wonderful trucks.

Steve

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
:welcome: from Florida.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First fill up tonight on the way home. 18.75 mpg estimated since they didn't reset the trip when they filled it up after the PDI. The truck had 6.7 miles on it when I picked it up, so I subtracted 5 miles for their test driving. I figure that makes a reasonable estimate since the nearest diesel station to the dealer is at least a 1/2 mile away. I'll get a true number on this next tank. Still, 471 total miles and needing less than 25 gallons of fuel to fill it is pretty awesome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts