Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D

I'm picking up my first Duramax tomorrow, finally getting what I've always wanted... found a slightly used 05 CC LT 4x4 at my local dealer last august. Well he still had when I went in for an oil change... got to talking about it and worked out a deal... I can't wait!

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
good deal. by looking at your signature I can tell you that you will enjoy a major increase in mileage compared to that 6.0...

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
nothing like that new car smell. enjoy .

·
Registered
207 Posts
Welcome aboard :).

You'll find that you can get any/all your questions answered here. Great bunch of guys/gals always willing to help.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks...

Thanks,
Been a member here for quite a while, just finally getting the diesel tonight... tick-tock-tick-tock, the clock is moving too slow!

Hookem_9

·
Registered
500 Posts
Did you get the vehicle maintenance history report? (before deciding)
Even if you didn't, you should get the VIN and get one now.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I didn't get the history before deciding, I remembered after we struck a deal. It's my local dealer who I know very well. Previous owner "buys a new truck every year" so I wasn't to worried. I did have the VIN ran to check the history report on this site, Thanks Max Power! couple minor repairs nothing drivetrian related, so no worries.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Congratulations on the new truck. Don't forget to post pictures in your garage.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Don't forget to leave here and never turn back. You have just found a new toy that will take all your money and spare time:ro)

·
Registered
33 Posts
OK, it is tomorrow! Are you home from that drive from the Dealer? I went from a 6.0 to my Dura about 6 months ago. The 6.0 liter was a great truck but I will never go back. I am certain you will feel the same! OK, are you back now? Fine - just keep driving!:ro)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, hope you enjoy the D-Max. :cool2:

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
Congrats!!! From a former 2000 6.0 and 2003 8.1 owner who has 26,000 on my 2005 and still lovin' it...
Well, How is it?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Enjoy got mine last June and all I can say is I love it. Always wanted the Dually and the Duramax tows liek a dream and get much better mileage than the 6.0 gasser I had.

·
Registered
9,642 Posts
Congrats, and don'e worry about that S**t eating grin you'll be wearing for awhile. :eek:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, So far so good, Picked it up Weds night, and been grinning since!
For now, I don't have huge towing demands, but we're planning on buying a 5th wheel camper in the near future. Will be doubletowing with my 17' Crestliner behind that. Should be fun.!? Hope to take some pics this weekend, will post later... Thanks...

Any tips on what should be done for "enhancement"?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Any tips on what should be done for "enhancement"?[/quote]

RUN!!!!! Go down that road you never come back. It is a lot more expensive than weed and weed is a lot LESS addictive.

but it sure is fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts