Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

This is my first post on the Diesel Place. I have been a member for a few years now, and I thought this was a good occasion for a first post.

I just picked up a new '07 Silverado CC/SB LT1 Duramax! I like my 03 so much, that my awesome wife let me get another one!

Over the next week, I am leveling the truck and installing Bilstein 5100's and Moto Metal 955's w/Cooper Discoverer ST's and a bedliner.

I'm going to try to keep this one stock for awhile. I don't know if I am capable of that, but I'll give it a shot.

I am looking forward to any feedback or comments as to what else I can do with both of my trucks as I continue to post

Awesome site guys!

·
Registered
663 Posts
:D sweet.

lets see some pics of both trucks. it sounds like your 03 is a lot like what I want to do to mine

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try to post some pictures of both trucks as soon as I figure out how to do so. I also do not have internet access at my home (new house, I haven't installed my low voltage connections yet) so I have been posting from my cell phone internet connection. When I am able to get to a actual computer, I'll give it a go.

My 07 is getting the wheels and tires on this afternoon. I had a set of Rosen headrest DVD players in my trade, so I had those swapped over to the new truck this morning. I also have a JVC deck that I bought that I am considering putting in the new truck also.

The deck says that it is satalite radio compatable, but I am not certain if or how it will work with the XM radio. If anyone has any thoughts on this, it would be much appreciated.

Just a note on the truck- It is getting pretty crappy fuel milage right now. I would say around 10mpg. This is just a guess, DIC says 8.6 but I don't really use that as my basis. I'll give a more accurate number as soon as I refuel. I can't recall my 03 getting that poor fuel milage at the beginning, and I average 18-19 mpg mixed. I just hope that the milage improves.

Again, if you guys have any feedback or suggestions it would be much appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts