Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,just signed on membership.Have really enjoyed this informative forum.Just ordered 2004 GMC Sierra 3500 HD,SRW,crew cab 4x4 and am very excited about delivery.But after reading some of the posts allready on here it may be a long wait.Hope not over 8 weeks as I will lose my rebates,and that will dig deep in the old pocket.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I ordered my new 2004 chevolet D/A 2500HD 12 weeks ago this coming Monday. My new truck is sitting at train station about 120 miles away and I will be getting it tomorrow by truck or on Monday. I have lost sleep thinking about it coming. I think when yours comes there will still be the rebate but you might lose Bonus money. I was lucky on my truck because I gained the Bonus money. There is no way of knowing when you place order. Good Luck, the wait will be worth it.
Scotty

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scotty the weay rebates stated one expires 3/15/04 and the other 3/31/04.Im not sure what you are calling bonus money.Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
66 Posts
The incentives right now are $3000
Rebate is $2500 with $500 Bonus Money for your region. Check the website http://www.gm.com/automotive/vehicle_shopping/currentoffers/SC_Consumer_IOU.html
The bonus expires 2/2/04 The Rebate will also expire, but it will probably be extended depending what other manufacturing companys are offering.
Hope this helps.. Bookmark the URL and you can keep a check on what is offered...
Scotty

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
gmcman,

Congrats on the decision....

I've always driven GMC's because I've preferred the grills to the bowties. But they always take longer to get because GM only builds about 1/3 as many GMC's as Chevy's.

Flint, who builds the CC's, seems to be kicking things out faster than Pontiac, where the RC's and EC's are built. I'd say you're right on the edge with the eight week time frame. I suspect GM will extend the rebates as they've done in the past, but when I ordered my EC I thought it would be here before the 01-12-04 rebate ended. It didn't make it. That was eight weeks. GM did however extend it again, and it worked to my advantage since I picked up an additional $500.00 due to the local Auto Show this weekend in the Salt Lake City area. You may have something similar show up.

Now I had to wait through the change to the LLY engine, and the Christmas to New Year's break, but I'm going to be 10 weeks before mine is delivered.

I'll be sending Diesel Power a list of the codes (to be published on this site) the dealers can get off of the VOMS (Vehicle Order Management System) when mine is here, so you can check with your dealer and know where your order is at. That is if the dealer will do it. Some don't know how to use it, some just won't bother, but it's worth asking about.

Good luck on maintaining your sanity while waiting.....

·
Registered
570 Posts
gmcman,

Congrats on the coming member of your family
. Now for the bad news.....The waiting will eat at you like the plague. But from what I have read it is all worth the wait, so with that I wish you the best and welcome to the best site on the net.

·
Registered
747 Posts
gmcman said:
Thanks for all your replies and info,seems like a great group of people on this site.

Welcome!

BTW, you are now HOOKED!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I ordered my 04 CC GMC LLY duramax Sb 4x4 silver birch on 11-22-03 I drove it home last night 1-22-04 very satisfied so far I will take pictures tomorrow and put on web. I used the high idle today very nice start truck it idles at a low speed for about 30 seconds then increases to 1200 rpm. anybody going to order a new truck get the controls on the steering wheel many more features to play with.and by the way the truck wasn't to arive until 2-13-04 it came early.

·
Registered
570 Posts
lasergrave said:
I ordered my 04 CC GMC LLY duramax Sb 4x4 silver birch on 11-22-03 I drove it home last night 1-22-04 very satisfied so far I will take pictures tomorrow and put on web. I used the high idle today very nice start truck it idles at a low speed for about 30 seconds then increases to 1200 rpm. anybody going to order a new truck get the controls on the steering wheel many more features to play with.and by the way the truck wasn't to arive until 2-13-04 it came early.

Congrats
!!!!!

That seems to be the the fastest I've seen here lately and it's GMC. That is the date I went and ordered mine at the dealer. I know the dealer didn't place it untill that Monday (11-24-03).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lasergrave that gives me hope for time limit.Im not familiar with high idle you are talking about.Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts