Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered a new truck on wednedsay, July 6, 2016. So far the dealer has not been able to give me an order number so I can't contact GM for the status of the build. Does anybody have any experience as to how long it takes to receive the order number? Should the dealer have it as soon as they place the order? I don't want to bug the dealer but the thing is if I order a $25 T-Shirt online I get a tracking number almost immediately but if I order a nearly $70,000 truck its a pain in the ass.

Also, can anyone share their total order to delivery time for trucks ordered recently this year? I've heard anywhere from 4 to 12 weeks.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok the sales manager called with the order number as TPKZ96.

Also getting me pricing on my the Kicker Sub/Amp with GM part number 19303117. Is this the right part number for the 400W amp? Anybody got reviews on this bad boy?
Additionally, they will give me a credit for the standard running boards that come on the truck towards a set of Amp steps made for GM by Amp.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now they called back and changed the order number to TPJBJS.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Current production code is 1100 - Order Placed at Dealership

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
are you new steps going to have that feature on it that not only do they retract up and down but if you press a button on the end of the step they move back for a "bed" step feature

https://youtu.be/0FRXoFSQIZE

Reactions: CntrlCalDmax

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are you new steps going to have that feature on it that not only do they retract up and down but if you press a button on the end of the step they move back for a "bed" step feature

https://youtu.be/0FRXoFSQIZE
Wow that is cool didn't even know about those. Don't think they are available for the 3500HD.

·
Registered
59 Posts
about six weeks for mine Double cab 3500 long box SLT ordered at the new year and delivered to the dealer about Feb15th Built at the Ft Wayne plant

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reactions: mdwils

·
Super Moderator
5,987 Posts
With the 2017 so close to being released, I can't believe you didn't wait until august to order a 17, then you could give us a first hand review of what is new. Enjoy your new truck just the same.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I'd be shocked if you actually get a 2016. Typically July is model year switch over at the factory and new year production starts mid August. The code the dealer gave you just means he entered your order into the system and had an open allocation. Until the code reaches into the 2000+ range, nothing is really happening...

GM Production Codes
1000 Order On Hold at Dealership
1100 Order Placed at Dealership
1101 Order Entered into System
1102 Order Entered via Web
2000 Order Accepted by GM
2001 Order Generated to Dealer
2005 Order Replaced with GM Prospec Order
2030 Order Edited by GM
2500 Order Preferenced, Sent to Production
3000 Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 Order Available to Sequence
3300 Order Selected, Scheduled for Production by Assembly Plant *
3400 Order Broadcasted for Production, loaded on assembly plant computers
3800 Vehicle Produced, VIN is available
4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice Created
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced
4200 Vehicle Shipped
4300 Intermediate Delivery
4V03 Estimated Delivery Date
4B00 Bayed, vehicle is waiting on transportation or pulled for quality control
4800 Rail Ramp Unload, vehicle at RR destination to await truck transport to dealer
5000 Vehicle Delivered to Dealer
6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer
9000 Order Cancelled
* Target Production Week (TPW) is usually available by status code 3300.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Order is still at 1100 after 8 days. If they want to send me a 2017 with same options for same price, I'll take it. Id be happy either way.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
8 Posts
It will definitely make some time. For the T-shirts you mentioned, they are already made and ready to ship. A vehicle is a completely other story, especially if you want it made just the way you like it. Be patient, it will eventually come and you will have the time of your life!

·
Vendor
9,675 Posts
I ordered mine towards the end of June thinking it would not deliver until early August. Sat on my hands with listing my '07 for sale and now the truck is built and due in any day now. Right at 6 weeks. Mad rush to list and sell...

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
I know this is old news, but....

I ordered my 2006 LBZ in August 2005 (as soon as you could). BUT, was told they wouldn't even be building them yet. It was just when the options list was all done as they were going from LLY to LBZ. Anyhow, got it at the end of November 2005.

I seem to recall the dealer calling me in October saying that it was now in process. So from that you could assume it actually takes 4 to 6 weeks from the factory getting the order to me getting the truck.

Congrats on the new truck, btw. :thumb:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Ok the sales manager called with the order number as TPKZ96.

Also getting me pricing on my the Kicker Sub/Amp with GM part number 19303117. Is this the right part number for the 400W amp? Anybody got reviews on this bad boy?
Additionally, they will give me a credit for the standard running boards that come on the truck towards a set of Amp steps made for GM by Amp.
19303117 is the powered subwoofer with the amp. Normally this one is used in trucks without the Bose system. Part # 19303118 is the Powered subwoofer only and will work great without baying the extra $300 for the unneeded amp. I installed one of these in my truck and the bass is kicking' thumping' and jumpin'. It mounts under the rear passenger seat. I paid $550.00 on Amazon and installed myself. Check with your dealer because they usually don't have anyone that is experienced in installing these.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
19303117 is the powered subwoofer with the amp. Normally this one is used in trucks without the Bose system. Part # 19303118 is the Powered subwoofer only and will work great without baying the extra $300 for the unneeded amp. I installed one of these in my truck and the bass is kicking' thumping' and jumpin'. It mounts under the rear passenger seat. I paid $550.00 on Amazon and installed myself. Check with your dealer because they usually don't have anyone that is experienced in installing these.

How easy is the install?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Not too difficult. Took me about 3 hours.
1. Run power wire from battery through firewall into cabin down by brake pedal.
2. Tap into left from speaker wire with T-taps. This is where the sub gets the signal for power on and off and for the music. This is the only interface between the sub and the vehicle radio.
3. Run harness from front left area by E-Brake back under kick board steps to rear of vehicle.
4. Mount sub under passenger side rear seats. (already has mount brackets that fit right over existing studs that hold seat down.
5. Plug up the harness and turn it on.

Hardest part is fishing the power wire through the firewall.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not too difficult. Took me about 3 hours.
1. Run power wire from battery through firewall into cabin down by brake pedal.
2. Tap into left from speaker wire with T-taps. This is where the sub gets the signal for power on and off and for the music. This is the only interface between the sub and the vehicle radio.
3. Run harness from front left area by E-Brake back under kick board steps to rear of vehicle.
4. Mount sub under passenger side rear seats. (already has mount brackets that fit right over existing studs that hold seat down.
5. Plug up the harness and turn it on.

Hardest part is fishing the power wire through the firewall.

Thanks sounds easy.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts