Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a new Chevy 2500HD on 10/31/03...My first Diesel...Today my dealer confirmed a build week of 1/5/04...The truck WILL have the new LLY engine/transmission update...Just got to wait now........Triffid

·
Registered
157 Posts
Congrats!! Waiting is deffinatly the hardest part!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Good for you! You ordered on October 31 and are just now getting a build date of January 5? That sure does seem a rather long amount of time before it is even built. Is that typical? Does anyone know generally how long it takes to order and build the trucks? I wish to order a 04 CC LWB shortly, but I do not want the truck before February because we will not need it till then.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I ordered, 2500 HD Oct. 15'th
Build date week of Nov. 24'th
Delivery date Dec. 26'th

Can't proove it by me yet.....I'm still a nervous expectant father..Paul

2500HD, LT, CC, 4x4, D/A, Black, - I hope. Good Luck

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
99mo said:
Good for you! You ordered on October 31 and are just now getting a build date of January 5? That sure does seem a rather long amount of time before it is even built. Is that typical? Does anyone know generally how long it takes to order and build the trucks? I wish to order a 04 CC LWB shortly, but I do not want the truck before February because we will not need it till then.

I ordered my truck on October 07, 2001 and it was builr on January 27th 2002. It arrived at my dealer on February 08th, 2002.

Took a while.

Was well worth the wait.

T
NY

·
Registered
747 Posts
order -- 09/09/03

build week -- 10/20/03

delivered to dealer -- 11/04/03

I picked it up on 11/07/03.

·
Registered
78 Posts
<UL>
<LI>TWO DOGS I'm in the same waiting game as you. Gave Dealer Deposit on 9/31. Recieved Build Date for 11/24, first I got a delivery date for the second week of December, then they gave me a delivery date of 12/26. What confuses me is it will take 1 month from the build date to delivery. (I can only presume with the x-mas holiday it must really slow things down). I'll wait patiently as long as I can get the same trouble free service I did with my 95 Suburan....</LI>[/list]

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hang in there Triffid. You may be one of the first with the LLY. That alone might make the wait a little easier.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Chalie,

How you doin buddy??? Are you gettin just a litttle bit itchy also????? I know I am.. seem to have a One track mind.
I don't know why the month long time frame from building to delivering, maybe your right, Holiday Season, BUT don't forget our Situation........ HOWARD......We have HOWARD on our side & the Dealer does'nt know about his abilities, so, Hopefully, we'll both see our new "babies" delivered earlier than the original estimates.....

Hang in there, I have to, Paul

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hang in there guys. It will be worth the wait. I was one of those from the earlier days. Ordered 7/26/01, took delivery 4/5/02. Thank goodness we don't hear these stories anymore. I was going nuts! Time wise, it seems to be more like ordering any average vehicle now. Glad to see there are so many new ones on the way. It will be interesting to hear people compare the LB7 to the LLY for those that have had one before.

Steve

·
Registered
161 Posts
Oh, and Howard WILL be exactly right on the money. He knows exactly where it is in transit day by day.

Steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
What is the difference in the LB7 and the LLY?

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
What is the difference in the LB7 and the LLY?

I WISH we KNEW?

I have one of them on order too.

The power is 'topsecret' but is has some improvements and a variable vane turbo and egr.

There are other topics w/ all the details.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered my 2500HD Duramax LT 4X4 CC SB on Nov. 10, 2003. Just received a call from my dealer saying that my T.P.W. was 12-08-03 with a delivery date of 1-14-04
Edited by: Capt. Charlie

·
Registered
570 Posts
Yesterday I special ordered a 2500HD LT, 4x4, CC, LWB, with the D/A. The dealer's computers had the LLY option in one area of the computer, but when the final options were added in another area, the LB7 was the only one avalible. Now the wait begins.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I ordered a GMC 3500 LT, 4X4, EC, Dually with the D/A on 11-14-03. The dealer called last Thursday to inform me that it would be coming with the LLY engine instead of the LB7. That didn't mean a thing to me since I've not been following the discussions, I'm new here.

So I've been chasing the LLY or LB7 thing for about a week now since information has been non-existent from GM. The folks here have provided a lot of answers about the differences and possible production dates. One poster who works at the DuraMax plant said the engines would start being produced on the 4th or 5th of December this year. The basic premise is that diesel engines have to meet a new Federal emission guideline going into effect on January 1, 2004, which among other differences, the LLY does.

The factory accepted the order on my truck with the change to the LLY engine and it's moved rapidly through the first three steps. The next step is to get a TPW, which according to what I've learned here is going to be a while due to when the new engine will be built. I called my dealer just this morning, and after talking to him about when I might get the TPW with the LLY's still being out a little ways, he didn't have any information through GM about that. He did say the Crew Cabs were still being built for now, with the LB7, but all Extended and regular cab orders were only being accepted with the LLY. The official dealer note from GM says some in process orders for the LB7, will be changed to the LLY, but doesn't say what the criteria for that change will be.

If he is correct, it sounds like GM has decided how they are going to clear out the LB7 inventory, and the rest of us who are not ordering CC's will have to wait a little longer, but it may be worth it since the LLY is supposed to have an as yet unpublished performance improvement in addition to the emissions changes..... Edited by: G Zabriskie

·
Registered
125 Posts
Triffid,

How are you "makin it"...?

I'm all calm & "takin" it slow, "No Worries Mon"

Hope your "doin" better than me! Paul

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Paul...Not much sleep!
...Trying to figure out what accessories I want
...Hoping I didn't/don't make a mistake
...It's like Xmas when I was a kid; It'll never come!!!

By the by I do a thing called Geocaching www.geocaching.com and one of the first caches I ever found was called the "Two Dogs Cache"

Looks like we are going to have the Ying &Yang of trucks...You hang in there also!!!......Triffid

·
Registered
125 Posts
Triffid,
I also Geocache!
I started last year and have found a few with my Dog,My Pal, Frasier, but I have to get out & play again as I am in need of the exercise. Fun thing too.....Trying hard to get my wife involved also but she's limited on her time & also have 2 Grandkids with us to help fill up that time.. ha,ha.
I am pretty sure I am going to get a Leer cap installed - they look really well built,a lot of options & a nice fit too.
We camp also, took a month off & went all the way to Key West Sept/Oct & we loved it...People down South are wonderful! This new truck should make it a breeze compared to my Old Tahoe...
Fell asleep early & woke real early, hopeing for a word from Howard.......Not just yet.
"No worries Mon" with that LLY, sleep tight......Paul

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Paul...Check out the link in my profile...I have a Nissan Frontier with a Leer cap...And the wait continues!!!........Triffid

1 - 20 of 31 Posts