Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys, just picked up a new to me 06 LBZ auto truck! Got a good deal on it but it is throwing the dreaded p0087 code. So far the previous owner has put new filter head, several filters, replaced rubber lines from the head forward but not the ones back to the tank.
The truck right now is 100% bone stock with 220k on it. No injectors or cp3 has ever been changed. I have a PPE xcelerator here that eventually will go on it but I want to iron out the issues first.
Through the ppe I can see the balance rates, at least it says inj 1 bal so I'm assuming that is what it is.
Here are those numbers I pulled today.
P/d
1. -1.00mm -2.5mm
2. -.5mm. -.4mm
3. 1.8mm. 3.0mm
4. -.9mm. -2.5mm
5. 1.6mm. 2.1mm
6. -.9mm. -2.5mm
7. 1.5mm. 3.9mm
8. -.9mm. -.9mm

I understand that balance rates are only part of the issue, but in looking at the fuel rate that it displays in the PPE it stays at 20mm sometimes dropping to 19.5mm in drive, park doesn't matter. Desired and actual rail pressure match at idle.

This things smokes like a freight train under hard acceleration and will throw the code every time. Even under light throttle it smokes a ton!

Things I plan to do is change the rubber lines (they are needed anyways)
Bottle test

What's already done is the above from PO and this
Air filter is new as well as the air filter housing modded
Cleaned MAD sensor

Any input on where to go or what to look at next? I'd like to throw a lift pump on it but I'd also like to nail down the issue so I can drive the truck first! Any help is appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
2001 Chevy Suburban LBZ 4x4
36 Posts
Try plugging the fuel pressure relief valve. They're between 30-50 dollars. It can go bad and open up causing low rail pressure

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rail plug ordered, should be here tomorrow. Would it be worth it to port the fitting as well? I’m also going to buy a temporary lift pump to see if that is the issue too, something that works as a test tool is all. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
2001 Chevy Suburban LBZ 4x4
36 Posts
You're talking about porting the fitting that goes from the cp3 to the rail right? If you're there why not I believe people use a 3/8s drill bit when doing it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts