Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 3500 chevy is to be built on 4-03-06. it is for pulling a fifth wheel camper, and i am thinking of useing a kintec hitch. just wondering if anyone has used one of these and how they like it, pro or con. i did get some info over on the rv.net site, but would like more if anyone has used it.
thanks

·
Registered
897 Posts
Never heard of a kintec hitch,(not surprising as there are lot of things I never heard of before) what is so special about that hitch that you are specifically looking for it?

·
Registered
31,526 Posts
You might want to look into a gooseneck hitch. I switched last year and the difference is awsome.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I personally wouldn't buy one because I don't want rails in the bed. For the money it looks like they want for that hitch (with the brake module), I would get a brakesmart controller and a B&W turnover ball and Companion fifth wheel hitch.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
what kind of trailer do you have?

I'm over at rv.net as well, hanging out in the toyhauler forum as learnem.

welcome!!!

·
Registered
897 Posts
I just installed the B&W in mine. I had the rails on my old truck and they were in the way more than once. I wasn't going to do that again. I have heard good things about the B&W which is why I went with them. You might give them a look. I don't have any real data on it as I am still trying to get he break in miles on before hooking up the 5th wheel.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jperry.... their website is www.kintec-inc.com the 5th wheel plate as sensor's that read the presure from the pin into the fifth wheel and adjust the braking to that presure. there is no adjusting a controler even when switching trailers.

boondokr .... they will fit on other mfgr. rails, you dont have to buy their mounting kit.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Hey thats neat. Never heard of that one before. If I keep cramming info in these brain cells they gonna lock up on me forcing me to reboot. I thought you was talking about an actual 5th wheel hitch. Wonder how well this works? Anyone use one before?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GSguy on the rv.net sight has one. i did a pm to he and he said he has used his for over a year, and loves it. if you go to rv.net do a search for kintec. ther are a few posts there.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
The brake control looks kinda cool, but that is only one hitch. Are you going to buy a separate controler for the factory reciever? It just seems to me that if you can't adjust a good brake control, you have no business towing a fifth wheel.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no, i won't be towing off the bumper. had the heavy duty tow package
put on for later use (if i ever need it) or for resale. as for not knowing how to
adjust the controler, thats not an issue. towed a lot of trailers from 17 foot shasta to 5500 gallon tankers in my short 44 years on the road.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts