Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,all

First off, I'd like to say hello to all of you... I have been reading this forum for the past two months, and I am really impressed at how little flaming there is here, and how much you guys all know. You all seem like a great bunch of guys and I have learned a tremendous amount from visiting here.

That having been said, I GOT MY NEW DURAMAX!!! Sig says it all , but I gotta say, for anyone reading who is still deciding on what to purchase, I previously worked in Ford dealers for 20 years, and I am SO impressed with this truck compared to the Fords... I can't believe how much I like it, and how nice it drives for a 3/4 ton truck. I will post some photos when I get time.

I do have one tech question; my change fuel filter indicator has just come on in my DIC and my truck only has 1200 miles. Is this normal for a first filter change? I called GM customer support, and they were predictably worthless. Any ideas?

Thanks, all

·
Registered
310 Posts
Congrats. You wont be disapointed!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
:welcome: aboard, sit back and enjoy some good reading. I hope your fuel filter message from the DIC problem is a simple thing. Hard to believe is already plugged.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Welcome to DP, Chromer! You'll have fun here...................!

·
Registered
916 Posts
It's a great time for you I can feel your excitment !

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
First off, welcome to DP! I see you are in Illinois, any chance your fuel fileter issue could be because of jelling or water in fuel? Just a thought.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Fuel filters dont last long in these trucks because they do such a good job filtering. If you sucked the bottom out of a diesel tank or got fuel while the semi was filling the tanks then its time for a new one. Only fill up at good fuel stations and stay away from the shankers. BTW dont bother trying to pull the filter out through the top of the engine it's like trying to fit a round peg through a square hole. Just drop the fender well, it only takes 2 min. and you wont spill diesel everywhere.

Have a great time with the new truck and dont forget to pay a little attention to your wife.:D

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Welcome to DIESEL PLACE, Chromer.... THIS IS THE BEST SITE ON THE NET....

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
First off, welcome to DP! I see you are in Illinois, any chance your fuel fileter issue could be because of jelling or water in fuel? Just a thought.
Thanks for the reply... I don't think so, as we have had very warm weather. When the warning first came on, temp was +35*

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Fuel filters dont last long in these trucks because they do such a good job filtering. If you sucked the bottom out of a diesel tank or got fuel while the semi was filling the tanks then its time for a new one. Only fill up at good fuel stations and stay away from the shankers. BTW dont bother trying to pull the filter out through the top of the engine it's like trying to fit a round peg through a square hole. Just drop the fender well, it only takes 2 min. and you wont spill diesel everywhere.

Have a great time with the new truck and dont forget to pay a little attention to your wife.:D
Thanks for the reply...

Maybe I got some turd fuel; I have already placed my order with fleetfilter, which I learned about here, thank you very much! So as soon as those Wix bad boys arrive, I will replace. For those of you who may not have checked fleetfilter yet, NAPA price $43.00; Fleetfilter $22.00 -- Cool!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts