Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my LBZ last night with the 6 speed allison, its about an average of 35 degrees out here... going from first to second, sometimes into third it feels like it shifts hard, like it grabs the gears pretty hard, the other ones are as smooth as anything. I have 172 miles on it, picked it up from dealer last night with 100 on it. is it breaking in? or could have it been pulled with for those 100 or less miles? This is also my first ally/duramax combo, so i am not too sure what to expect.
thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The trans will shift hard when it's not at operating tempurature, this is normal.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
give it time to learn and it will smooth out

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
I just installed an SC 4 on a new LBZ today with 800 mi. No programmer. C3 is going bad already.
:wtf1:

Were you expecting to see this Mike? I know they will have this trouble with a bit of added power, but stock!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I know when I first got my MAX that it took me awhile to get used to it. I'd have to give it a little throttle at all times to get it to go down the same road that my gasser would coast most of the time. But the trans is exceptionally sweet when it comes to pulling a load. It is a completely different beast than anything else I'd ever driven including the Furd Powerjokes. It will shift hard and be aggresive until it reaches full operating temp. All the fire engines where I work have allison trans in them and they get the Censored ran out of them at all times. Cold, Hot, doesn't matter, it's to the floor, then brake, to the floor, then brake...constantly and not one out of 6 engines weighing from 16 to 26 tons has ever missed a lick as far as the tranny is concerned they've never been touched. I do notice alot of similar behavior between my MAX and the fire engine trans. They are one tough trans to take what they take. Don't forget that you're driving a truck now! :driver:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts