Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will I have any difficulty pulling and keeping up with my buddies pulling my new 33' long travel traler weighing in at 7,000lbs empty

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
No, I think you're gonna shock the **** outta them.
Are they going to be empty? What's your friend's rides?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trailer

My buddy is pulling a 27' jayco with a stock 2003 dodge cummins I think it weighs in at about the same mine does. The other guy is pulling a 26' with a 2004 titan. My truck weighs about 6800 the last time I checked. Im just checking becouse it is always a challenge to see who can get to the top of the hill first.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
You will be able to ):h at them when you leave them behind.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Well the titan will be last since he'll puke a rear end if he tries to hard :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
i pulled my toy hauler to tenn with a cummins following ,on hills he kept getting smaller in the mirrors

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Biggest problem I have towing my 7k TT is them slow *** cars and RV'ers;) :D getting in my way going up hill...then watching them try to kill each other (and me) trying to get around me going down the back side...:eek:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Like other said, you'll have no problem. I tow my 7K travel trailer with no problems at all. My truck rarely down shifts with my cruise set a 72 MPH.

·
Registered
797 Posts
red02;1597078; said:
Will I have any difficulty pulling and keeping up with my buddies pulling my new 33' long travel traler weighing in at 7,000lbs empty
After my truck was about a year old I did a big hill climb (10-11% grade for 4 miles) towing our 8,200lb 5th...it did shift down and stayed at @ 2600rpm's but stayed at 70mph all the way up the hill...using about 3/4 throttle ...that was in stock LB7 trim !!

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
red02;1597078; said:
Only if they are driving Kenworth's!:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts