Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... Guess what boys.. You've got 3 grand, to be spent on a bone stock 04 2500HD Crew cab. What do you do, hot shot!

I'm not quite thinking much about any chips or anything of that sort, because it has plenty of butt behind it. I'm leaning more towards the lights, lift, bumper and tires than anything else... that's if I can make up my mind.

My recovery/bumper system has to be warn/superwinch 2" hitch mount compatible, as well as handle 4 inch pine trees at 20 mph if need be.. I like the Warn Heavy Duty, but that's 2 grand just for a bumper... any recommendations of something cheaper but still that beefy?

I am doubting that I will be able to do anything other than just a lift and tires, if tires WITH a lift at all if I go that route... plus I don't know what kits are worth the cash either.

Lights, I am looking for 2 bars for the truck, so I can have floods front and rear, and then mount 2 spots on the bumper for offroading/ by myself on the highway.

Any assistance anyone can render would be greatly appreciated.. I'm looking for lasting improvements to the overall trailability and utility to the vehicle moreso than looks... the truck is gonna look like a tank anyway, but I like that...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Turbo,

Put on a set of those "Line of Fire" LED Light's under your tail gate. Around $100. Easy Install, Really distinctive look & a classy look!
They are Red LED's that act as running lights, turn signals & brake lights. Adds a little safety too.

Good luck, Congrats, & don't spend toooomuch.
Two Dogs

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been thinking about one of those. So noone has any lift kit recommendations.. drat. I've searched on multiple sites, but still have no definitive answer as to what the most reliable, bulletproof lift is. I'm actually leaning towards corbeau customs, since what I have seen from them looks like it's indestructible.

This is the only additional light that I have on the truck for a brake light.. I thought it would be funny.. wish it was a Punisher skull, that was the emblem my platoon adopted when we first went into afghanistan.

Edited by: SpoolinTurbo

·
Registered
570 Posts
Welcome SpoolinTurbo,

Before you choose a lift you need to choose a tire size you want to run, that will help in the size lift you need if any. Take your time in choosing a kit, ask as many questions as possible, even if it seems dumb. Also if you see a truck lifted in your area you like and are able to ask the owner about it, get as much info as possible such as;

What engine/trans do they have, size lift and the brand, wheel size including the backspacing, tire size not just the height, gearing, shocks, and who did the install (ask if they did a good job).

I looked at them all and picked CST for the main reason I wanted the best http://www.californiasupertrucks.com/ and was willing to spend the extra bucks.

My second choice would have been Fabtech only because they offer a 8" as well as a 6" kit. http://www.fabtechmotorsports.com/html/index.html

If were to go with a 6" lift it would still be CST first, followed by RCD then Fabtech.

http://www.racecardynamics.com

Just my 2 cents, hope you find what your looking for. I looked at it as; If I cheep out and short cut stuff, I would be asking for problems and that was the last thing I wanted for a new $40k+ truck!

Edited by: Voodoo

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
as far as bumpers go, i prefer the true off road tested type. see below for more, checkout out www.roadarmor.com

·
Registered
570 Posts
I would say they will outlast the truck. How much do they weigh?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts