Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, im a Diesel dummy and need some help. I recently bought a 2002 Duramax 2500HD, it had 40,500 miles. I now have 46,000 miles and it has a 6inch RCD lift with 35" tires and the Hypertech system and no service manual. Here are my questions:

1. Im changing the oil/filter every 5,000 miles. OK or not..

2. I just changed the trans fluid but only replaced the external filter.

3. I have not changed the fuel filter, is there 1 or 2 of them. and the dealer has recalled my truck for it, so will that be the only one they need to change.

4. Ive read alot about the injector problems. Is this covered under the Gm 100,000 mile warranty on the Duramax.

5. and last, while changing to a set a new rims this weekend the new rim began rubbing on the A- arm assembly. the wheel bearing was bad and I had it replaced, I paid 370.00 dollars. Since the rim was still close to A-arm after it was replaced the mechanic placed a 1/4 spacer behind the wheel, is this O.K. and is it normal for the wheel bearings to go bad..

Sorry for all the questions at once, but my freinds call my "stupid" Thanks for the info..

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
1- I go 7500 to 10000 mi.depends on use.2-Should be fine.3-1 filter,let dealer do it for free.4-yes.5- I dont know,Do a search...If you have a tuner,take it off before it goes to the dealer...Check the backspacing on the rims,should be like 4 5/8"on aftermarket rims.(I think)I dont like spacers..

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Welcome to The Family...

Answers:

1. 7500-10K is good.

2. Thats good. Spin-on (the external one you replaced) every 5k-7500.

3. 1 fuel filter. Let the dealer do that recall. Then max every 10k.

4. Not to sure about that one.

5. Little above me on that.

Also, fill in you location in your and signature about your truck....like mine.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Wheel bearings are known to go bad a certain intervals, even when at stock. You must be running 17" wheels? The spacers are ok to use, many people have done it on the forum with no problems.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Try going to "mygmlink.com". I thank you can download a manual from that site. Might be some help.

·
Bac To The Future
23,008 Posts
Guys, im a Diesel dummy and need some help. I recently bought a 2002 Duramax 2500HD, it had 40,500 miles. I now have 46,000 miles and it has a 6inch RCD lift with 35" tires and the Hypertech system and no service manual. Here are my questions:

1. Im changing the oil/filter every 5,000 miles. OK or not..

Perfectly ok. It really depends on your driving habits. A lot of people here go 7000 between.

2. I just changed the trans fluid but only replaced the external filter.

External filter change when you do an oil change. Cheap insurance. Do you know if the trans fluid had been changed out?

3. I have not changed the fuel filter, is there 1 or 2 of them. and the dealer has recalled my truck for it, so will that be the only one they need to change.

Theres only 1 from the factory. You can add a second if you like..thats what started the DieselPlace....the Nicktane secondary filter. Have the dealer change it out for free.

4. Ive read alot about the injector problems. Is this covered under the Gm 100,000 mile warranty on the Duramax.

Your injectors are covered till 200,000 miles.

5. and last, while changing to a set a new rims this weekend the new rim began rubbing on the A- arm assembly. the wheel bearing was bad and I had it replaced, I paid 370.00 dollars. Since the rim was still close to A-arm after it was replaced the mechanic placed a 1/4 spacer behind the wheel, is this O.K. and is it normal for the wheel bearings to go bad..

The backspacing of the wheels will cause this. From all accounts, the 1/4" spacers don't hurt a thing.

Sorry for all the questions at once, but my freinds call my "stupid" Thanks for the info..
You are not "stupid"...you just have to get educated on your new truck, just like the rest of us did. You found the perfect Place to get your education. Congrats and Welcome to the Place!

·
Bac To The Future
23,008 Posts
Hey the bac, Now that we know each other,, when can I meet the UPS girl
She's everybody's fantasy.....but only my reality. :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts