Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I came from a sports car to a truck. As you can see below, I got it used. What would you say is the most power for the buck when thinking about mods?

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
The Edge w/Attitude or the Predator tuners seem to be the popular way to go. There are also some over the top tuners like TTS extreme and EFILive (create your own program for your PCM). After one of these start thinking about boost & pyro gauges, 4" exhaust, and tranny upgrades. Probably in that order. With the exception that, if you go to one of the big hp tuners, your tranny won't live long.
JP

·
Registered
731 Posts
Welcome to the dieselplace.Well it really just depends onn how much you want to spend. if you want to do a good daily driver and something fun to drive you could get by with an 4 in exhaust and a programmer of some sort, the edge juice seems to be the most popular and will give you some good extra power you can get these items from anyone of the vendors on this site. or you can go all out and build yor tranny and get that thing running 11's and twelves but that takes a little more of the green paper.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Welcome to the diesel place. Like your choice of truck, the 02 chevy is my favorite. Had one but it was a gasser standard cab and it was a pig on gas.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
J/A with an exhaust is what i would do first run the edge on 3 and if you want more power upgrade the trans and run the ede on 5 and if you want even more power stack the edge with another programer

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Edge Juice is the way to go and once you get over the holy$hit this thing has balls factor,you can even get some better mileage out of your truck.If you dont want to shell out for a full exhaust,you can straight pipe it for under a hundred bucks.(and it'll sound cool too!):eek:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for your replies, guys. Keep em coming!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I would go with the Hypertech PPIII or Bullydog Powerpup before the Predator on the LB7's. The Edge is the most popular on this site, even with it's shoddy dependability. The Banks Six-Gun w/PDA gets my vote.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
For future referance,you cant stack with Banks,the Edge will install in less than an hour if youve never wrenched that much,and its about half the price for about the same amount of power as a Banks kit..Plus you get good customer service w/Edge products.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Mods

I was told by a salesman from Edge Products to invest in a good flowing muffler (or straight pipe the OEM one) rather than go with a complete exhaust to get decent performance from the EZ or the Juice on the lower settings (for towing of course) if I wasn't concerned with Max Performance.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
The HP bug will bite you hard. It will start out with a 70 hp program then too a 120 and then you will crave something that only the TTS Extreme deliver.

My advice either get an edge Juice and keep it turned down, or get that tranny done and get a high power tune.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts