Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got my new tires over the weekend. They are General All Terrain LT, 265/75R16 Load Range E. Sears had them for $104 a tire!

I also got my nicktane installed.

·
Registered
414 Posts
cdhd2001,

Like your new tires! Did you get those at Lakeline? Also, have you thought about making one of those black plastic covers (from a home depot paint shield, $10) to keep the crap off your filter setup? I did, and it looks slicker than, well slick...

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
cdhd2001,

Awesome deal. Looks good too!

Have you noticed any difference (I assume you had 245/75R16's) from the old ones?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
luvthesmellofdiesel,

Lakeline only had three on Saturday when I called. Barton Creek had eight. Guess where I bought five tires?
I had just finished the nicktane install on Saturday morning. Could you take a few pics of what you have installed?

SteveNorCal,

Yep. I had the 245/75R16 Firebomb AT's. I can tell no difference in power. Actually, I accidentally
left twin rubber trails through my favorite intersection. Going to have to quit that. Gets expensive.

·
Registered
414 Posts
cdhd2001,

There was a good post about how to install it including a diagram to cut the plastic so it would fit the contour of the body panel. I wish I could find the post, I looked on here and the other forum but can't seem to find it. :-(

Anyway, here is a picture or two of what it looks like:

Basically you go into Home Depot and buy one of those black plastic (with a handle) paint splatter guards, they are about $10 or so and about the size of a snow shovel. Cut the piece from the flat plastic area, don't forget to cut out for the leaf spring travel. Hold up to the pillars holding the bottom of the body panel and with a market draw lines on either side of the pillars on the plastic. Drill small holes (the size for the zip ties to fit through) on the lines you just drew a few on each pillar and using black zip ties, tie it up to the pillars. And that's it...

Hope this helps. If anyone can point to the original post, that would be great. Credit for this is due to someone else, not me.

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
414 Posts
I finally found my hardcopy of the original post about this from Sep 7th, 2003 by Tsckey. It appears to have been removed from the forums for some reason...

There is a nice little pattern which I will have to scan in order to post. It will help in making this shield.

Thanks,

Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts