Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed 265/75/16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos on my K2500 today. They replaced my Michelin LTX A/T with about 70,000 miles on them. They had about a 1/4 tread left, a sidewall slice expedited the swap.

I originally considered replacing my LTX tires with the same. They ran for a long time, were quiet and smooth. These also had a load range C and could run up to 50 psi.

The Bridgestones on the other hand look very aggressive, almost like a snow tire. So, I'll be curious how long they'll last and how they'll perform on the highway. The Revos will run up to 44 psi.

BTW, I kept my stock wheels and OEM Firestone tires just in case I need to tow something outside the range of my new tires.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
ST,

You could have goten these in E rated so towing would have been a non issue...

265/75 RR16E 3415 lbs. 80 psi 16/32"(TD)7-8"(rim) 31.8")height)

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ST,

You could have goten these in E rated so towing would have been a non issue...

265/75 RR16E 3415 lbs. 80 psi 16/32"(TD)7-8"(rim) 31.8")height)
Pepp,

These should be OK. They carry more weight than the Michelins they replace ([email protected] vs [email protected]). The sidewall looks more substantial on the Michelins, though. Since my Sub is primarily a highway cruiser, I shouldn't have problem. A pickup truck would be a different story.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
I kept my stock wheels and OEM Firestone tires just in case I need to tow something outside the range of my new tires.

This is why I thought I'd tell you that... only
$12 difference per tire at TireRack.com...

With Bridgestone/firestone you have a 30 day $$ back guarantee... you could always trade up within that time frame... that way there would be no need to keep the old shoes around taking up space...just something to ponder...

BTW Revo's wear excellent...just ask me...

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I have not heard of anyone getting all that good of mileage on the BS tires. With a more aggressive tread, you are going to wear faster, and use more fuel, because they drag harder down the road.
Do you do a lot of off road driving? I was wondering why you put the more aggressive tire on there. For highway driving, the more coarse tread designs don't help you at all. In fact, they hurt you on mileage and comfort, and wet traction. The LTX M+S is little bit less aggressive tire, that is much, much quieter down the road, and rides very well. Wears like iron, and is very good in rain and snow. Just a thought for next time.

Take Care.

·
Registered
263 Posts
post a pic !

SuperTuscan - I have the same Revos on my 1/2 ton. Still look new after 10K miles. They are real sticky, and handle nice. I did notice alot of squirm in the first 1000 miles or so, but that went away. I'd like to put them on my 2500, but "techinically" the 265's must mount on 7" to 8" wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts