Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had the steering shaft on my wifes TAHOE fixed at the stealer it was making all the usual sterring shaft noise we all know to well .Guess what ? Now were are back to replacing them instead of lubing them .Parts guy said this is version M .Somting tells me we may see Z version before this is finnally fixed

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
I was under the impression that the new one was going to fix the issue. A few have posted good results about them so far.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This one seems fine just wonder for how long ? at least were not spitting out pistons and trannys like the ferds

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I had set up an appointment and went to the dealer to have just the grease done....they also told me they had new shafts on order and they'd call me when they came in. I hope it fixes it for good.....why didn't they have this problem in '88 on up trucks but now all the sudden they don't know how to make them?:rolleyes:

·
Banned
720 Posts
this is to fix the shaft rattle you can fell on the wheel when you on abummpy road right i have a 06 3500 dually is this covered on it i am getting tired of it doing this fells like a 100,000 mile truck when it does this but everything eles is great though

·
Registered
825 Posts
Anyone know approximately what they are charging to install the new shaft out of warranty?

·
Registered
244 Posts
so is this covered under warranty past 36k warranty?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Antnee77;1587600; said:
Anyone know approximately what they are charging to install the new shaft out of warranty?
Mine is out of warranty...55k They are doing it for free because it's a very well known problem. Check with your dealer...they may do the same. They said if I was like over 100k they wouldn't have covered it though.

·
Registered
843 Posts
the shaft is about $80 from some of the online retailers. My dealer wanted $138:rolleyes: so I just had them do it under warranty:)

I priced it out because sometimes it is just easier to pay for something and do it myself, rather than dealing with the dealer;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts