Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I swapped my wheel and tire combo from the 01 to the 04 when I bought it. It became very obvious a few weeks ago that the old tires weren't up to the task of cornering safely anymore as I seemed to be sliding in the general direction of the ditch on every curve. ):h
So, after reading some people's feedback on tires and looking at more than a few brands, I settled on these:

General Grabber AT 2
285/75R16 Load range D

So far, I'm rather impressed. The truck rides much better than it ever did with the Uniroyal tires on it. The traction is excellent on every type of terrain I've found (no need for 4wd yet even! :) )
Now, I'm hoping for a snow storm to test them out. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
22,680 Posts
New Skins.........when I saw you posted it Scott I didn't think the skins were going to be tires):h

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Hows the milage? lose any? gain any? Hows the road noise?

Jim

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
i like the rims, what size are they? they make the tires look good too.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hows the milage? lose any? gain any? Hows the road noise?

Jim
Jim...A little to early to tell on the milage....My guess is it will be about the same since I didn't change tire size...I'll check next tankfull, as I've been getting about 19.6 per fuel tank this winter.. :)

i like the rims, what size are they? they make the tires look good too.
Rims are 16X8 American Racing AR-23's (read: cheap ):h ) If I remember right, I paid 80 bucks a piece for them back in 2002....

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
And here I thought this was a thread about Scott buying new condoms to use with his sheep....:lol:

Nice setup, pal! Spent all that money you made on the last tractor, eh?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Scott, that looks :cool:

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
:thumb:

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Purtyful