Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right everyone, I have found a contact for new rod bolt & nuts.

This is the contact info below, I was not able to get any prices yet, but I was assured that we can purchase them.

Randy Simmons

229-888-9013
Albany, GA
GEP 6.5L shop

Below is the email I received from Ron Taylor, W.W. Williams

Chris,

I understand completely and assure you we can get them for you. Problem is the delay we encounter with pricing back at the OEM.

Do me a favor, please call Randy Simmons at 229-888-9013. Is in our Albany, GA location and is our 6.5L shop. He is the one that will handle your order anyway. Please give him a call and see what he can tell you.

OK?

Ron Taylor
Defense Business Development
W.W.Williams
Consider It Done
313.215.2971 Cell
614.716.0298 Fax
Http://www.wwwilliams.com

I hope all that were in doubt about this will call him if you are thinking about your bolts for your next build, I am fowarding this same info to Bill Heath as he also doesn't have new bolts and could not find them.

Just goes to show that if ya give a country boy some time he can find ya anything.... LOL

Chris

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
cool... nice job....

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
any luck with these guys. I called and was promised a return call and haven't heard anything...it's like dealing with Diesel Depot....

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
any luck with these guys. I called and was promised a return call and haven't heard anything...it's like dealing with Diesel Depot....
It took me a while to get any info from them at the start also.

I haven't ordered from them yet, I would say to keep calling them, not emails, emails are easy to forget about, just keep tiring and maybe they will do something sooner or later, they are a very big outfit and if you aren't a large vendor it might take persistence. I am a firm believer in using new bolts every time on stuff like the rods........

I found this contact info, so best of luck to ya, that's all I could come up with...

KEEP CALLING THIS PERSON --- call Randy Simmons at 229-888-9013. Is in our Albany, GA location and is our 6.5L shop

Chris

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Thanks. I got a new line on an outfit here that used to have a fleet contract with a client then running 6.5L. If it works out (I'll know Monday morning) I'll post up their info as well. Pays to have options.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
BUMP
Spoke to Randy Simmons this morning. He has no sources for the rod bolts

However, Heath mentioned Pioneer Inc makes them so I looked them up on line and found a local shop that was able to order them, to my door, tax free but with shipping.
A set of 16 bolts and nuts for my 6.2 build was $68 and w/ S&H it totaled out to $81.24, your final amount at check out may differ.

RPM Machine
Cedar Hills UT
877-354-3812

Since a site supporting vendor wasn't able to jump on to this thread, here is their web page address.
http://rpmmachine.com/
If it doesn't stick because of an error on my part, at least you have the phone number above.

They had to order them but they had a line on them in several warehouses across the country.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am bumping this thread as I have been contacted by a few folks about rod bolts, thanks to Paul, they were found I think....... anyway, to the top we go....

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
who was the manufacturer of the bolts you bought?

6.2/6.5 ARP rod bolts = unicorns. . .
WRT Post #6

BUMP
Spoke to Randy Simmons this morning. He has no sources for the rod bolts

However, Heath mentioned Pioneer Inc makes them so I looked them up on line and found a local shop that was able to order them, to my door, tax free but with shipping.
A set of 16 bolts and nuts for my 6.2 build was $68 and w/ S&H it totaled out to $81.24, your final amount at check out may differ.

RPM Machine
Cedar Hills UT
877-354-3812

Since a site supporting vendor wasn't able to jump on to this thread, here is their web page address.
http://rpmmachine.com/
If it doesn't stick because of an error on my part, at least you have the phone number above.

They had to order them but they had a line on them in several warehouses across the country.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
:)
No worries.

·
Registered
9,976 Posts
What's wrong with ARP? Flame suit on, lol.

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
What's wrong with ARP? Flame suit on, lol.
Talked extensively with Zach at ARP last year, and they do not have any con rod bolts that will just fit into our connecting rods. The closest match that they have, are a 7/16", that will require the bolt hole in the rod and cap to be enlarged (approx .040") to accept this bolt......could have a custom set made, but the cost is prohibitive for us.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
How much difficulty would be to ream the holes out that slight bit?
It shouldn't cause any distortion or alignment issues. After that, the studs would just be a press fit.

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
That is the direction we are going, will check my reference material here, and post up the ARP part #'s. Measured the caps and rods up last spring and there is adequate material to ream them out. The only things we see, are the weight difference in the two different bolts (rotating assembly is balanced) and our machine shop said he would like to re-check the fit to crank after, as everything is already prepped. Now you can see the troubles that can come from not assembling everything quickly, and changing direction halfway down the road....LOL.

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
Okay, guys here are the ARP #'s that we found last spring. Both are for BBC application and will require the rod and cap to be reamed out approximately .040". The first bolt set, 16 bolts and nuts, is for the knurled shank type bolt; ARP 135-6001. The type that we will utilize is the wave-loc styled shank and the # is; ARP 135-6401.

Both will work equally well as the strength of both bolts is greater than the stock bolts (we find the stock bolts spongy feeling when re-torquing). The question now is how the rod/cap will perform with the larger bolt in it. We will also torque 5-7 ft/lbs over spec, depending on what the plasti-gauge tells us....J&J.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Excellent info guys....!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts