Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has there been any problems with the new red or better known as extended life coolant or elc causing leaks? icurrently am experiencing this problem in my venture van and was wondering what to expect in my dmax. currently international trucks is and they are responding with a silicate additive to install in the cooling system vs. a teardown to repair.any tech comments.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Your Venture van has a 3.4 liter V-6 engine.Literally thousands of these engines have had intake manifold gasket problems resulting in coolant loss.I do not believe the Dex-cool anti -freeze is the culprit here.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
I dont know if its coincedence but since the dexool is being used, we see double the intake gasket failure. But they have also went to plastic/ silicone imbedded gaskets about that time..

·
Registered
410 Posts
I might be old hat, but i dont trust the dexcool, my sonoma was eating it for awhile, and if any air gets in the system, i guess it makes a mess...needless to say the sonoma turned 3 yrs old last month..i drained and flushed the system clear and filled her with prestone....later, bc

ps ask the mechanix and they feel it is highly corrosiveEdited by: bob camire

1 - 4 of 4 Posts