Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a letter from GM about reflashing the Ecu because it may not adequately diagnose when frequent regen occurs? I also got a letter saying they had the prope block heater cord. Has anyone had this recall (ecm) done? Does it affect performance or def use? I am happy with the way my truck runs now and don’t want an excuse to get rid of it and get a 22’ with a new interior! (Sarcasm) Thanks By the way this is for my 17’ in signature.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just a suggestion for those people that live close to a dealer who preforms the recall service for Block Heater and Regen. Make an appointment and then leave you vehicle at the dealership late in the day before the service date. They will not preform the Block Heater service until the engine has cooled down. The service on my 2018 GMC 3500HD took 5 hours.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Mine gave me a loaner when I dropped the truck off the night before - and would have provided the same for a morning drop-off.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I did the block heater recall last fall. I got the ECM update this spring. With Covid i havent driven nearly enough to say how its affected DEF usage.

My Edge monitor seems very erratic now in regards to soot levels, but its not really regening more often. My last regen jumped from 60% to 100 at about 500 miles. Before the update i would get between 500 and 800 miles to a regen, but its been a consistent 500 miles now.

But the distance to regen could be the program, or it could be the difference between winter and summer fuel, or different covid driving style, or different fuel supplier. There is a 50 to 80 cent/gallon difference between diesel at my normal truck stop by my house and the local station cabin. I regularly got 800 miles on the Kwik Trip premium diesel.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine is getting done tomorrow..I have been getting around 300 miles for each Regen. I'm anxious to see what it does after the recall

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts