Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Diesel Place sticker is GONE.

I've put between 25k and 30k pulling my trailer around the country with my Duramax. So I pull into Ventura California Moose Lodge and start to park my 34 foot fifth-wheel. It's a tight spot, I go about 75 degrees and BAM, my rear window breaks. Now I have slider hitch in the rear, I've gone 90 degree turn without using it and using it. Why this time? I'm on a slight slant but? It had to have made a difference, lesson learned.... guess I'll use my slider hitch more.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,360 Posts
You got off light. My old boss did that and put a big crease in the cab of the truck (besides breaking the window). His 6 year old son was in the truck and yelled "Cool Dad!".

To add insult to injury, while the dealer had the truck and had just finished the repair, it was stolen off the dealer's lot. He got it back, but it had a lot more damage.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
I drove my 4 wheeler through my back window... Bent the **** out of my bed and cab as well. It sucks for sure and I still find glass all over.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I drove my 4 wheeler through my back window... Bent the **** out of my bed and cab as well. It sucks for sure and I still find glass all over.
I can imagine the words that were said...:D

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
My Diesel Place sticker is GONE.

I've put between 25k and 30k pulling my trailer around the country with my Duramax. So I pull into Ventura California Moose Lodge and start to park my 34 foot fifth-wheel. It's a tight spot, I go about 75 degrees and BAM, my rear window breaks. Now I have slider hitch in the rear, I've gone 90 degree turn without using it and using it. Why this time? I'm on a slight slant but? It had to have made a difference, lesson learned.... guess I'll use my slider hitch more.
no worries! i did that the day i got my 38 footer out from the dealer! gm coverd it here in az cuz we got "rock" insurance... lol

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I've got one of those for you if insurance won't cover it.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
I can imagine the words that were said...:D
It's when one of those "going faster" ideas solved one problem, and created more. Should have known better and thought the whole thing through. I said the F word really loud.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
my buddy did that to his f150 once put the front wheels of the 4wheeler in the front seat i can still find glass in the field it was in

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
That would be kewl.....laf

OK OK that is a better trick LOL

$155 later and the window is fixed, now to gather up stickers again.

Insurance deductible is higher than "out-of-pocket."

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
That sucks, I would have sold you mine for 1/4 of that price.......... But, it's fixed right now and not in a few more days.

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
awwwww.... another victim of Short Bus.... errr box syndrome. :)

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
My freinds broke tons of windows loading sleds, bikes and quads, to many to count and even more laughs(life long freinds, ya can laugh when they have a brain fart), they never learn..lol...

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
331 Posts
Gotta chuckle on this one:rolleyes:... I came so close to doing the same thing. I could only imagine what I would have done.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
I ran my ATV up onto the aux tank - it makes the bed really short, but kept me out of the rear window!

·
Registered
107 Posts
PULLRITE! Never have to worry about the 5th wheel.
X2. No getting out to change the slider; no being caught in the middle of a turn with the slider jammed; no broken rear windows or damaged cabs. On the other hand, I'll NEVER buy another short box!!!
P. S. Sorry about your misfortune, but it looks like you got off easy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts