Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called to order a ppe hot + 2 e.t. so that Eric M. could have the one I borrowed from him back. I came to find out that in a week or so ppe is releasing new tunes that are supposed to make more power and shift better.

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Did they mention what it would cost or what it would stack with? I'm told that they have something that will stack with a VA 200.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I doubt it will stack with much of anything. When you get into the big tunes, their isn't much of a gain by stacking. The tune that eric lent me was the 3100 (custom). The 3100 is more powerful than the hot but less than the hot + 2. When I dynoed my truck, I stacked it with a regular juice/attitude. If I went above level 2, my hp #'s actually went down. The 3100 with the juice on level five actually dynoed lower than the ppe 3100 alone.

On a side note, they could be coming out with a smaller tune meant for stacking, but what's the point when a single tune will do the job.

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
What kind of RWHP are you getting with the PPE HOT? I have the VA 200+ and I talked to some differnet vendors and they mentioned something that would stack with it to give it some more HP.One stated it was a PPE. From my research the VA 200+ is pushing between 450-480RWHP with an Ally.I haven't dyno'd yet but with my 6spd I hope to make a little more. I also hope to make over 525RWHP with a stack but I'll have to wait and see what comes of what I've heard.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here is a link to the dyno results I posted recently http://dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59837
It is likely that the dyno I was on was a bit generous, but I can tell you that the ppe definately makes awesome power.

The ppe tune I stacked with was a 3100. I believe that the hot + 2 currently available is a 3250. My feeling is that the hot + 2 or whatever they are supposed to come out with to make more power won't stack very well. It is possible that two smaller programs will yield better results than one big one. Basically, you won't be able to run a VA 200+ on full blast with a big ppe program. But, you may get a gain by adding one on a small setting to one on full blast though.

I'm not sure how th VA stacks with the ppe on the lb7. I have heard that the VA stacks very well with the ppe on the lly though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts