Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought a used PPE Standard from a DP member and was wondering can I use setting 3 on my stock tranny or will I run into problems with it? I drive with a little bit of a heavy foot but not to heavy. I drive mostly city driving so do not use WOT at all. Also what setting works best for mpg? Or has anyone even gained any mpg with this tuner?

Bruce

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Ive never had a problem with level 3 under any conditions, level 4 makes the trans limp on the 4-5 shift. Just reset the trans when you install the tune and let it learn before your to hard on it.

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
i have a ppe standard and i drive 169 miles to home and back to school on the weekends and i run level 4 all the time. i get 19.2(hand figured)mpg on the interstate. it makes great power when u need it and the longer u have the tune on the truck the better the tranny learns. i have a stock tranny and it shifts smooth and i havent limped it yet and i have dragged raced and hook to a sled.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.