Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

Been lurking here for a little while, thought I might jump in now. Seems like a good bunch of people here, and a really open forum. I like that!

Anyway, I picked up my '04 2500HD DuraMax/Allison on Monday. I love it! I picked it up off the lot. Really hadn't been planning on buying until next spring, but I'm afraid interest rates are going to shoot up again soon, so I bit the bullet.

Ah, she is a beautiful black. Will be a pain to clean, but she looked so good on the lot!

So, what I need to know, I guess, is what I should do to this lovely machine. Any little tweaks for a few hp here or there? Anything I should know? Durability fixes or mods, common problems, etc.? I have read the maintenance post already, that looks like good stuff. I'll be changing the rear end oil this weekend, looks like.

Thanks in advance for any responses I get. I'm sure I'll see you all around - I do my rounds on the various BBS's that I subscribe to pretty much daily.

Thanks everyone!

Marc

·
Registered
6 Posts
You made a good choice. Truck is a workaholic. Best truck for towing ever.

·
Registered
626 Posts
You can buy as many toys as your checkbook can stand just read all the old posts and I'm sure you will get all the ideas you can stand. Have fun but these trucks are like a drug, and they can take all your money and piss-off the wife.Edited by: Blue Max

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Blue,

Yeah, I hear you about the toys. My list keeps getting longer and longer. Luckliy my wife digs cars almost as much as I do. I guess that's a side effect from growing up at the drag strip - her grandpa was an announcer at one during her entire childhood, so she was always there. Result: She likes custom cars as much as me! Woohoo!

Marc

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
That is a keeper!!

I am lucky my wife likes my toys also...but she is a CPA there are always those damn numbers.
And I am the guy who can not wait to buy something...IT HAS TO BE NOW!

·
Registered
626 Posts
You have to keep a woman who loves trucks as long as its your truck she loves

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Welcome!

I would do a secondary fuel filter immediately.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
juice it now before you get the itch

1 - 8 of 8 Posts