Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Just a general update, nothing exciting for most here. Installed a Magnaflow exhaust system on my 8.1. It went on very nicely, has a little more growl no drone, it has a nicer response feel, upon acceleration. Only downside to Magnaflow is there piss poor customer response. email automated response, but no follow up. despite this, I am happy to lose the heat sink original muffler. I will forward any noticeable mileage improvements. Headers are going on next week and 180 tstat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds good, not obnoxiously loud, when cruising, I haven't really punched it to see how it sounds, but when I do, I like to hear some growling. Have to do a retorque, then will take it out on the big highway.

·
Registered
2002 Silverado 2500HD ECSB 8.1L 4x4
215 Posts
It sounds good, not obnoxiously loud, when cruising, I haven't really punched it to see how it sounds, but when I do, I like to hear some growling. Have to do a retorque, then will take it out on the big highway.
What part number system did you install?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Ancho
apologies for the late reply, it is the Magnaflow part 15779. It went on very nicely. In retrospect it is louder than stock, which is to be expected. You don't get a varied pitch droning, which I am happy about. The wife notices it more, but if shes not around, I just crank the stereo, a little, and you dont hear the exhaust, or the wife,Hahaha. I have a set of hears to install next, it may seem backwards, but I wanted to see if there was any change in mileage or seat of pants improvement. I did notice a change in response on acceleration, or maybe its just acting like a placebo on my brain with the growl it make on acceleration, but ,I like it. Just so you know, the headers that are highly recomended are the stainless works set. You can get them without the EGR tube on the rt side, which I did not want. Not sure if that will work in your state, but, I say " **** the government" anyway, up here you can get away with it. It is a nice option. Stainless works also makes mufflers, In hindsight, I would talk to them and see if the make an exhaust system that is similiar to the Magnaflow, or at least a muffler. Once you go with headers and you eliminate the EGR, you will want a tune, the only one I have had positive contact with is Black Bear performance. Sorry for the long winded awnser, I dont think you will regret the Magnaflow kit. I will try and include a link
.https://www.lmperformance.com/18059/15779-magnaflow-exhaust-system-for-gm-silverado-sierra-3500-2500-hd.html

Morgan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts