Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Jackie the 1982 K20 6.5TD 4L80E
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, obligatory first post of my project truck I'm working on.
82 K20 with a 6.5/4L80 swap. Tons of work frame down already done, lots of drive train and mechanical work left to do! Hoping to have it done by the end of this hot AZ summer just in time to enjoy the cooler weather! Here she is, Jackie:

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Administrator
22,296 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace

That is a nice project (y)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Good looking body. What transfer case? Transmission controller?
I'm planning on a 4l80 installation in front of an older NP 205. I have the adapter, throttle position sensor, Dakota digital tach module. I am planning on modified engine mounts to move the engine forward since there is adequate room, the vehicle is already tail heavy and I need the room for my custom turbos..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good looking body. What transfer case? Transmission controller?
I'm planning on a 4l80 installation in front of an older NP 205. I have the adapter, throttle position sensor, Dakota digital tach module. I am planning on modified engine mounts to move the engine forward since there is adequate room, the vehicle is already tail heavy and I need the room for my custom turbos..
I'll be using the USShift 4, which I have but haven't gotten to wiring it up yet. I wanted the ability to switch shift tunes and make adjustments.
Transfer case is the original NP241 and adapter pedestal. Just had to trim the inner race of the pedestal to engage the transmission correctly. Crossmember moved about 1-1/2 back, then extended the linkages about 2". If you're moving the engine forward you might not have to do the same.
Sounds like a cool project you have, sounds like your running multiple turbos?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Two smaller turbos mounted close to each exhaust manifold. Turbos run on heat and exhaust gas pulses, having them as close as possible means rapid spooling. I have a thread on this in the 6.2/6.5 high performance area.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Two smaller turbos mounted close to each exhaust manifold. Turbos run on heat and exhaust gas pulses, having them as close as possible means rapid spooling. I have a thread on this in the 6.2/6.5 high performance area.
Just looked through that thread, looks like an awesome project! Can't wait to see it finished

·
Registered
398 Posts
nice truck. looks odd without the fuel base on the firewall. lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts