Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined up with Diesel Place to get a little more information on a truck I am looking at. It is a 2003 2500HD Duramax w/ 66k. The truck is super clean, the service history checks out and I know the original owner. I am not worried about getting the truck, but I am wondering if it makes sense to trade in my current vehicle. I have a 2005 Nissan Xterra 4x4, that I like quite a bit, but I always have wanted a diesel. This Chevy presents itself and it is a steal. I can drive this truck for $50 more a month than I current pay on the Xterra. The blunt truth is that I don't tow often, and I have no need for a diesel. The other truth is that I have loved diesels since I was a baby. I am trying to figure it out if it is worth it. I put about 15-28k a year on my vehicle. I normally ride a motorcycle in the summer.

Do I need it no. Do I want it yes. Anyone else in a similar circumstance, and can offer me advice?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Do you only live once???............do it man!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My thought is that I am going to do it. Then I will have a nice project for a couple years! Just wondering other peoples opinions.

·
Registered
140 Posts
you just said it in your 1st statement "you loved them since you were a baby" trust me if you are a diesel head like most of us here you wont mind paying the extra $$$. Ive always wanted a diesel since i was young i am now 40 & have finally got one about a year ago my note is about 135 dollars more than my Gasser Z71 but i dont regret it. Just do it:D :) :ro) :grd: :drinking: :driver:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Same as you. I don't tow often or heavy but I wanted one. I don't regret it (except for the cost of fuel is no higher).

·
Registered
64 Posts
you should def get it! years from now when its still running great you will not regret it at all...

Good luck and welcome to the show :beerchug:

·
Registered
797 Posts
The Dmax will be a great choice ...especially if it's a steal...long term you'll have a real truck to drive and one that will always be a great value for the money spent

I have had 4 trucks over the years and this time I wanted a diesel....so I did it !!

Enjoy life ...you work hard ?? enjoy life and its pleasures while you can !!

·
Registered
552 Posts
get it cause you never know.when you drive it you will be:eek: then the next step is to get a trailer and go.if you have never driven a diesel
(at least not in the last 5 years)you will be amazed."why didnt i do this sooner"

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
If you can afford it,why not?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Do it man, you will have no regrets!!!!

·
Registered
578 Posts
dieseljoe;1598381; said:
"why didnt i do this sooner"
:exactly: I say this almost every day for the last 3 weeks. So long as I tow anything, I'll never go back.

:grd:

·
Registered
405 Posts
I wanted a diesel because, in a previous life, I drove a big rig. Then, because I got the diesel, I decided to get a fifth wheel. That led to a new lifestyle, namely being a RV'r, which is very enjoyable.

And, it's my wet weather commuter. It's comfy, big, powerful and has all the amenities inside. When it's dry, out comes other vehicles for the occasional commute.

Did I need it? No. Did I want it? Yes. It's been said here you only go around once and you'd better enjoy it. It couldn't have been said better.

Go for it!

·
Registered
357 Posts
slaterbj;1596598; said:
I joined up with Diesel Place to get a little more information on a truck I am looking at. It is a 2003 2500HD Duramax w/ 66k. The truck is super clean, the service history checks out and I know the original owner. I am not worried about getting the truck, but I am wondering if it makes sense to trade in my current vehicle. I have a 2005 Nissan Xterra 4x4, that I like quite a bit, but I always have wanted a diesel. This Chevy presents itself and it is a steal. I can drive this truck for $50 more a month than I current pay on the Xterra. The blunt truth is that I don't tow often, and I have no need for a diesel. The other truth is that I have loved diesels since I was a baby. I am trying to figure it out if it is worth it. I put about 15-28k a year on my vehicle. I normally ride a motorcycle in the summer.

Do I need it no. Do I want it yes. Anyone else in a similar circumstance, and can offer me advice?

Thanks!
I ran my Lexus coupe to about 100k miles and needed another car. After going to 3 dealers I found myself drawn to the diesel. Finally, the salesman asked me what I towed. I told him: "Nothing, I just want a diesel" and he was floored due to the extra $ involved, etc.

I have a bunch of cars around here as well as a HD and a BMW touring bike.

Once I got my truck I found that I wanted to drive it everywhere, all the time. Took longer weekend trips. Just enjoyed DRIVING more.

I just had some mods done and lost it for about 3 weeks. Had to drive my wife's Escalade and 5 litre MBZ roadster.

It did not matter. I wanted that diesel back asap.

To me there is just something about driving something that when you fire it up it is telling you that serious business is about to be done (especially as you build it up).

·
Registered
924 Posts
I to am new to the duramax world and am hooked.Ive been fornutate to pay cash for my truck .I dont regret buying this beast at all.Besides my wife its the next best thing .And the mods seem to be endless for some and not for others.Another $500.00 and up up up it goes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts