Diesel Place banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have been a proud Duramax owner since June. I have been secretly picking your brains ever since then.
I had an Opportunity to meet some of you in GrandRapids at Diesel Day, thanks again Eric for hosting a great party
. I only wish I could of had more time to meet some of you, my wife was suppose to meet up with her sister and go to the mall but the master plan fell through, thus I was occupied trying to convince her that diesel fumes really do smell good.
Had a great time anyway, and she was as good of a sport about it as could be expected considering she had a pocket full of cash and a shopping mall 5 minutes away. In case you are wondering which diesel fume huffer I am, I had the White 03 CC with those ugly wheel to wheel step bars on it. I look forward to sharing info about our beloved D/A for many years to come, Heaven only knows it only has to last me another 25 years.
Victory Red, do you think that you could design a robot to come to my house and wash the old girl for me? These October nights are starting to get cold and I fear the wash mitt may become frozen to my hand. Later all, and thankyou for pumping my head so full of useful information.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome Brother ! Glad to have ya !!

·
Registered
76 Posts
New as well. Great place to find great info.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Enjoy yourself, when it gets cold, light a fire in the fireplace and move you laptop nearby and logon (computer and fireplace) LOL

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Welcome!...... It's habitual

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Steel, who are you?? I wish I could remember everyone.. Thanks for attending Diesel Day 03.. Where did you buy your truck? More importantly, where are you gonna have it serviced

Eric

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Steel,

Most of our machines are entirely pneumatic, so you'll need a good air compressor and 200-208V's, but yes we can use a pallet changer and add some wash mitts.
The most fun we ever have with our machines are a FMH unit which makes a good $130,000 can crusher. Plus at one plastics show we had one mixing drinks and another one putting at a green.

oh by the way welcome aboard!!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Steel, Where do you live? I live in Allendale. I'm also a new member but have been reading the posts for a long time now. I made it to Diesel day but I got there a little late.. Just in time to see the burnouts and take a ride in Erics truck!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for welcoming me aboard everyone.

dmaxallitech, I purchased my truck at ***troyer. You know all to well the reasons I will be bringing my truck to you for all service.
We have communicated via email a couple of times, also I was pestering you on the 10th of Oct. the night before Diesel Day. You were installing some gauges for an Alaskan member. I tried to kind of stay out of the way on the 11th so you had more time to spend with the out of towners considering the fact that you only live about 15 minutes away.
AS JEALOUSNESS FILLS THE ROOM
I figured you would have plenty of time later to help me spend my hard earned money. Once again I would like to thankyou for all the effort you put fourth to bring us Diesel Day. However I do have one complaint, bringing newborn babies around my wife causes me much grief. I had to listen to her say Honey Wasn't She Cute! I think we need to have another. My response is we already have two 14 and 11 and now is not the time to start over.
I will be in touch soon, I need to get the old girl in for some PM and other goodies.

Victory, I have both so when can I take delivery?

Edited by: SteelMastiff

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sixfoot, Hello neighbor I live off from 56th just south of M-45.

·
Registered
276 Posts
SteelMastiff said:
.... In case you are wondering which diesel fume huffer I am, I had the White 03 CC with those ugly wheel to wheel step bars on it. ...

SteelMastiff,

You don't like your w/w step bars? I put those on my truck, and at first, I didn't really like the looks either, but they kind of grew on me, and now I don't mind the looks of them. They're really nice for getting things out of the front of the bed...

Just my .02 worth...

cadman_ks

·
Registered
157 Posts
Steel, Man we are almost next door neighbors!! I live on 92nd ave., south of M45.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
hey steel, if you really don't like your tubes I'll take them off your hands CHEEEPPP!
Also don't laugh, we've done some weird things with our machines, designing one is far from impossible, but I'd guesstimate around $45,000 for one and that's a lot of trips to the lazer wash at the corner station. I am planning(when I finally finish my basement) at adding one of our sprue pickers which can be converted to 110v to open up beer bottles.

BTW where'd you get those steps from? I need something for Christmas list.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Steel, its good to see another local guy on here, I live on the south side of Holland. By the way I think I might have been parked next to you on Diesel Day, was your truck at the end of the burn-out strip?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey guys, I really do like my wheel to wheel bars. I just had a guy the morning of the diesel day event tell me they were hideous.
Not anyone at the event but somebody at the gas station. But I wanted the ability for my wife to be able to get in & out of the box. They are great for that. However, if I might make a suggestion the ones I have are ICI and they mount directly to the bed. My fear is that the bed and cab, if they do indeed move independently, could cause issues with the paint. They mount on the outside of the bed. I have seen some that do not mount to the box. I do like the looks of them, but that is one concern. I did place some rubber gaskets I made between bracket and bed. But just a thought. Victory - got the steps from a local dealer. You might want to try a search for ICI. Don't even remember what I paid for them but it wasn't toooo bad. If you would like I could check on the price for you.

bonz02, that would be me.

Edited by: SteelMastiff

·
Registered
612 Posts
Steel ... extend to you yet another warm welcome to this site ... from your location, you might want to consider next year's Northeast Gettogether in Cornwall Bridge, Conn. .... you'd most certainly enjoy the folks and their trucks but Terry is smart enough to plan things for the wives as well .... Jim

1 - 18 of 18 Posts