Diesel Place banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I do have a Standyne Grey PMD But would have to file off tabs to see if it even works. Worth a shot.

·
Registered
705 Posts
It did it after driving it for about an hour. I have it mounted inside bumper now so I know it is cool. Grounds are all wired correctly. I know all connections are good on harness from IP to PMD. Quadruple checked. I will check for loose connections. I have not located the fuel filter assembly on the 6.5 yet. Going to have to check that as well. It did not stumble like a stutter. It was a complete shut off. Either it is short or PMD is going. I hope not the latter. Well running a bit dry.
Trust me when I say it doesn't need to stutter, mine never did.
Even had the cruise shut off, CEL pop on and it just shut off.
Other times just off no warning and at 110km for speed on the hwy in a corner it can scare the sh$t out of ya!:eek:
No power, hard as hell steering and no brake assist........
Even had it start, stop and repeat all in a 8 km drive and the next day, no issue and three days later, off it went going down the hwy.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I do have a Standyne Grey PMD But would have to file off tabs to see if it even works. Worth a shot.
I did this to mine, so it takes both.
Love the fact I can use what ever one I can get my hands on:thumb:

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
WELCOME BUD

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Trust me when I say it doesn't need to stutter, mine never did.
Even had the cruise shut off, CEL pop on and it just shut off.
Other times just off no warning and at 110km for speed on the hwy in a corner it can scare the sh$t out of ya!:eek:
No power, hard as hell steering and no brake assist........
Even had it start, stop and repeat all in a 8 km drive and the next day, no issue and three days later, off it went going down the hwy.

That happened to me going about 60 mph today about 3 times. Not fun! 120KMH is 75-80 or so I'd guess so yeah that would make me wake right up ...especially on a curve. :eek:

Need to find a JY and get 3-4 of those PMD's as backups! Lol!

·
Administrator
15,650 Posts
Be careful with that as you could waste your money buying junk. they may last an hour or 1 year. One big roll of the Dice :popcorn:
You may be on the side of the road more than driving on it..

Stick with Known working. Cheapest source has been on Amazon and the Dorman brand carries the better warranty so far

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I was going to buy one new one and swap out and have my old one as a back up. Plus purchase 2-3 more from JY and test. If they work then they be my backup to my backup. Only use when all else fails! Lol!

·
Registered
705 Posts
That happened to me going about 60 mph today about 3 times. Not fun! 120KMH is 75-80 or so I'd guess so yeah that would make me wake right up ...especially on a curve. :eek:

That's where I got the one I have now, been on the truck for quit some time now with no issues.
I even keep my crap ones and even grab ones that are still on pumps at the JY. They might be crap but if they run the truck long enough to get home there worth keeping on hand.( Luckily the yard here wont charge me for none working parts and I can swap till I'm happy.)
Just cause you don't ever know when a:wtf: can happen.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
That's where I got the one I have now, been on the truck for quit some time now with no issues.
I even keep my crap ones and even grab ones that are still on pumps at the JY. They might be crap but if they run the truck long enough to get home there worth keeping on hand.( Luckily the yard here wont charge me for none working parts and I can swap till I'm happy.)
Just cause you don't ever know when a:wtf: can happen.

I live in the world of :wtf:. He has a standing reservation in my casa. Which usually leads me :think: and eventually has me either :bawl:eek:r :banghead:.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I live in the world of :wtf:. He has a standing reservation in my casa. Which usually leads me :think: and eventually has me either :bawl:eek:r :banghead:.
If Murphy wasn't dead, I'd kill him myself:HiHi:

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,720 Posts
PMD fails very fast inside the hood.

So, if you get one from JY, then chances are they probably already cooked.
Besides, I don't see too many of 6.5L diesel truck in JY around DFW.

Ever heard of Cash for clunkers, that program crushed a lot of this truck for good.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Well if it's not a glitch in the harness, it's probably PMD time.
That right there was my first symptoms with both colour "stanny" PMD's.
Had the burb shut off like I turned the key at 110km an hour!!!! "that was fun"
It probably will become more frequent over time.
Just from personal experience!

I have to say "Winner Winner - Chicken Dinner!" You called that one right! :thumb:

·
Registered
705 Posts
yummmm! chicken dinner!
Sound like ya got 'er goin!
Good to here:thumb:

41 - 54 of 54 Posts