Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the proud owner of a 1993 GMC 3500, crew cab, long box dually. It has the 6.5l turbo diesel. It was used its first couple years (bought new) as a landscape contractors truck. It was then purchased direct by the contractors brother/farmer.
Since about 97ish it was used only on weekends to tow a dirt track race car trailer. (Summers only in MN) When not being used it remained in cold storage.
Diesel mechanic went thru everything front to back and inquired if the engine was replaced, which it was at one point with a used engine with 40k on it. He stated the engine was "very strong."
It gets used now as a secondary vehicle. I am starting a small business and would like to make it more of a daily driver.
The fuel injectors and trans computer are aftermarket. The rear end had its gears replaced to taller ones. (Im guessing 383 to 411s? Or similar? Im not sure and neither was the previous) The speedo is a couple mph off below what it reads.
There's a valve cover oil leak and the steering is VERY sloppy. Im having those issues repaired and replaced. While Im there Id like a 4" lift to give a little attitude.
So, with that being said....
Im looking for some advice on a lift kit.
Im also looking for steering components that will accommodate the lift if stock wont do.
Ive attached some pics. Thank you for any and all advice you could provide. Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving!
More pics upon request.... they're not on my phone.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,774 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
(y)

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I will suggest to start with a 2" lift front & back, and see where it sits.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
If you want to go 4" I recommend Tuff Country lifts. Quality USA made stuff. The kits have all the parts and components you need to do the lift properly. I believe they also make a 6" for 1 tons also.
Get the kit with rear springs for best handling, braking, and ride. Blocks can cause problems with spring wrap on heavy trucks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts