Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally found some slicks to do the job. 30 inches tall and when loaded about 14 inches wide on a 16 inch rim. It should keep the ratio's nice and tight for the Allison. Here are some photos for comparison.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
nice, are those 16x10" eagle rims?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, I picked them up pretty cheap and they did a great job so far! I had to drill them out to handle the bigger stems on the tubes but otherwise they bolted right on.

The slicks hooked great when I did it right, my best 60' on street tires was 2.2 and I got it down to 1.8 on the slicks. I was dropping pressure on the slicks slowly because of the extra weight of the truck and I was not sure if they would spin on the rims (no screws) so sometimes they did not hook. I think next time out I will have the pressure right and the boost up higher for a better 1/4 time. They never spun on the rims at 23 pounds of air pressure so I am going to keep dropping it.

I know the truck has the power to break out of the 13's because I could still fry them with a strong powerbrake.

Let me know if you want more details or contact info for where I got the slicks.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Although slicks might lower my 1.6X-1.7X sec 60' times even more the 285 BFG AT's in 4wd are doing a pretty good job for now.

Do you have the 30/14.0-16LT or the 30/14.5-16LT? I was looking at the 28/14.0-16LT or 28/14.5-16LT. With the 3.73 gears I think the shorter the tire the better so we can use more of the motors powerband in 5th gear.Edited by: mtomac

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went with the 14.0 size. I thought about the 28's but after running the numbers through the calculator for the rpm differential and speedo error I kept the 30's. You don't need too much help with the 60' times that is for sure!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
looks like they work good.....
Edited by: sdaver

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.