Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They finally put up info on the new HD. Only problem is you can't build your own yet. It only shows up as a 1500. The clock is in its last hour and its almost time to buy the new HD. I can't wait.:ro) :bling:

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
They're slowly gettnig there (getting our dmaxes on the web).

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm building a 3500 as I type this :)
I guess they are working on the site right now, cause I can get a little way into it, then an error

Here is one I saw on the site :( I wish Chevy would understand we ALL do NOT LOVE chrome :(

Bumpers (WT)
Black front and chrome rear step (1500 models only)

Bumpers( WT optional, Std 1LT and 2LT, NOTHING about LTZ)
chrome front and rear step (standard on all 2500HD and 3500HD models)

Bumpers (only LTZ, BUT it looks like just 1500)
body-color front and chrome rear step (1500 models only)

·
Registered
258 Posts
LOL MORE Chrome :( I want these :eek:

Chrome Hood Louvers Demonstrate your heavy-duty personal style when you add these louvers to your silverado, which replace the black, grained production louvers. Available for heavy-duty models only.

Chrome Grille
Go for the ultimate in customization with this sporty chrome grille that features a chrome mesh center with chrome surround. It replaces the existing grille on Silverado HD.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could live with the chrome cause I can always powder coat it, or sandblast it and smooth it out and paint it like I did my 2002 Avalanche. But what bothers me is the exhaust tip, It just seems like they could have done something a lil nicer. I would rather it blow fire at 60 mph (DPF & regen), then just sit there and be all ugly. How great would it be, no need for turn signals to switch lanes on the highway, just a jet of smoke and fire as you pass people.

·
Registered
100 Posts
84jeepjohn, Where are you finding this? on the Chevy website?
Can you list a url? All I find is the 1500 series in the new gmt900 when I try to build one.
Dave

·
Registered
228 Posts
The pictures of the new GMC look so great.... wish I would have waited now...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ended up with a 2007 Classic last month because my GM discount was about to expire and I couldn't renew (LBZ and very happy). However, up to that point I had been building a new 2007 2500hd to order, which would have been in by the end of this month. My concern was that the newer Duramax they listed when I orderd at the dealer was the smog stricken unit, which only had something like 240 horse and 450 HP. (???) Maybe that was the 2008 version though.

·
Registered
258 Posts
davecharles;1573206; said:
84jeepjohn, Where are you finding this? on the Chevy website?
Can you list a url? All I find is the 1500 series in the new gmt900 when I try to build one.
Dave
Yep, it was on the chevy site

http://www.chevrolet.com/silverado/features/ scrol down and the 2500/3500 info will be there. You can not build them still :( but it gives ALL the specs for them now. I WAS able to build a 2500 and get the $$ on my Banks site, but not a 3500

·
Registered
191 Posts
How Funny.. I own a classic and 1 have been curious as to the new specs of the LMM. It only allows B5...Must the be the strict DPF requirements. Thank goodness I got an LBZ:D

·
Registered
208 Posts
84jeepjohn;1570630; said:
LOL MORE Chrome :( I want these :eek:

Chrome Hood Louvers Demonstrate your heavy-duty personal style when you add these louvers to your silverado, which replace the black, grained production louvers. Available for heavy-duty models only.

Chrome Grille
Go for the ultimate in customization with this sporty chrome grille that features a chrome mesh center with chrome surround. It replaces the existing grille on Silverado HD.
Here are the pics!:D

Chrome Louvers

(Image has been resized. Click it for full size.)

Chrome Grille

(Image has been resized. Click it for full size.)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I noticed while looking at the Chevy web site, they will start offering an integrated trailer brake controller this spring. I think this is a good option - just hope they don't copy too many of Ford's better ideas.:D

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing these on the road more frequently!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Years prior GM did not even list biodiesel as a fuel that could be used. Biodiesel should run cleaner and thus less problems with the new emissions.
Why they only said b5 is most likely for legal and warrantee reasons, since biodiesel does gel a lot sooner than petro based, and for the uneducated
could cause tow in during cold weather.

·
Registered
552 Posts
chael

those hp tq specs were for the vans and suburbans.the 08 has 5 morh hp and 10 more tq iirc

1 - 15 of 15 Posts