Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK now I am in the process of buying my dream truck "4x4 crewcab Duramax" as a matter of fact already have one located. And now I am hearing that there is going to be a new motor released Jan,1st >>LLY Motor Option. What gives ?? I sure do not want to spend $39,000 on a new one only to then read about how the NEW MOTOR is more powerful then mine, GOD that would suck!! Have talk to one salesman but he claimed to not know anything, guess in his mind he wouldn't say anyway cause it would make the current motor look bad for sales. Have any of you guys got any info. before I buy this one an I am sorry later on. Please I need help!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Well there is a little confusion over the exact date the LLY will be on the lots, but this seems to be the concensus.

Kool says they started building the engine 12-8-03. Some of us have had order changes from the LB7 to the LLY. The change is necessary for the extra emissions equipment required by Federal Law on 01-01-04.

Along with the emissions changes, there are perfomance improvements which you can read about here if you'll do a search. New engine has 310 HP versus 300, and 590 lbs. torque versus 520. There are also some minor mods to the Allison transmission.

Most sales people are playing dumb even if they know about the new engine, but most don't really know about it. There is a press release from GM about the new engine here:

http://media.gm.com/division/powertrain/index.html

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bottom line, if you buy the truck you located, it'll be an LB7. If you order, you'll get an LLY. If you pick one off the lot a month from now, it could be either one. My dealer told me the new motor is about $190.00 more, but can still be ordered as part of the "Powerpack" with the Allison and locking differential.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts