Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the bedside decal for the LLY. Pretty nice, but the price is a little steep to me....$30 It comes from Decal King.

What do you think LLY owners?

Edited by: SteveNorCal

·
Registered
239 Posts
well the image didn't show up so couldn't tell ya, would like to see it

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Is this what you were trying to post?

You can't just "link" to some sites, you have to download the file to your computer and then upload the file to the Dieselplace

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here it is.....It went away because DecalKing changed over their server, so it is showing up again.

I've posted it here on this post directly from my computer this time.

The $30 charge is for a pair and includes shipping!!

(These are for the bedside.)

Edited by: SteveNorCal

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Well, since I deliberately took the hoakey "4x4" off my bedsides, I wouldn't be putting something like that on. (Especially since I have an LB7!)

·
Registered
747 Posts
Wouldn't those be good for 10 hp?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
And maybe 70 ft/lbs. of torque?

edit info:

Ah, I can't be too catty about that.....

I put the 6x6 decals from DecalKing on mine.....

Edited by: Zeeb

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Deadeye said:
6x6 ? You guys are changing the definition.
Therefore, I want a 12x12 decal. Who makes one?

DecalKing will make you anything you want......

I'd say go for it.....

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice lookin' rig Zeeb.

Not too much snow in them mountains this year?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
SteveNorCal said:
Nice lookin' rig Zeeb.

Not too much snow in them mountains this year?

Thanks.

Actually we had a pretty good year snow wise until the temps got into the 80's last week and started melting it way early...

We've been through five years of drought, this year was finally normal, until those temps.....

·
Registered
112 Posts
I bet that 99% of folks have no idea what LLY means. Heck I bet that 75% of LLY owners don't know what it means. I'd even stick my neck out and venture that 50% of GM sales staff wouldn't have a clue. --SS

·
Registered
31 Posts
What does LLY mean???

·
Registered
1,621 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
ldand said:
What does LLY mean???

LLY is the factory RPO code for the new Dmax that came out the end of December, first part of January. The original design Dmax is known by it's RPO code of LB7.

The new engine was primarily introduced to meet new Federal Emission guidelines for diesel engines that went into effect Jan. 01, 2004. But it's got a number of changes from the older engine as well as the new emission equipment. It's also rated 10 hp and 70 ft/lbs of torque higher than the LB7. As of yet, there are no performance "chips" or programmer devices available for the new engine, but those manufacturers are working on getting them out.

Do a few searches on this site if you'd like to know more, there are a ton of postings about the differences and whether or not they'll be good or bad changes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts