Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get This My Brother Inlaw Works At A Chevy Dealer In Alabama, Had Papers Ready To Sign And All On 06 Crew Dually Dmax, Went To Test Drive The Truck One More Time, 21 Miles On Truck. On The Way Back The Thing Started Knocking And Smoking So Bad It Quit Within Seconds, Got The Wrecker To Pick It Up, One Cylinder Full Of Fuel, Wonder If The Motor Is Hurt? These Injectors Are Hell! No Wonder Gm Gets 47500 For A Truck,

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
grenaded

because one of the rods looks to be bent and motor wont spin over after fuel removed.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
because one of the rods looks to be bent and motor wont spin over after fuel removed.
Grenaded means that the engine blew and spread pieces all over the road. This is HYDROLOCK. This truck did NOT grenade! BIG DIFFERENCE!:(

·
Registered
41 Posts
Quick! Everyone jump on this guy! No time to waste! LOL! Its obvious with only 66 posts he MUST be making this up. Hydrolock - Grenade; who cares! People need to lighten up a bit around here and not get their pubes tied in a knot every time someone says something bad about a duramax.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Quick! Everyone jump on this guy! No time to waste! LOL! Its obvious with only 66 posts he MUST be making this up. Hydrolock - Grenade; who cares! People need to lighten up a bit around here and not get their pubes tied in a knot every time someone says something bad about a duramax.
Exactly:ro)

·
Registered
9,970 Posts
Also need to remember, sh*t happens, no engine manufacturer is perfect, :blahblah:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Do you think a post like this is going to help or hurt the situation? If you are not going to be constructive, why not keep the sarcasm to yourself. I understand that people will be defensive (loyal) of their brand or model of vehicle, but things do happen. If this has actually occurred, so what. Every mechanical device has the potential to have a problem wheather it has 2 or 200,000 miles on it. Lets face it, Censored happens. But, some pics would be nice too!

·
Registered
903 Posts
:iamwithst :exactly:

·
Registered
320 Posts
:exactly: ):h :exactly: :funnypost

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In Reply To Skaters Comment, I Dont Have Any Problems With Duramaxes, This Is My Second, Look At My Garage, This Did Happen And S**t Does Happen
Just Seems Like Gm's Injectors Have Some Problems, More Than Others

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dude u kinda missed what i was saying. all these other guys were pickin holes in what u said. i don't have a problem with u. about 2 weeks ago i made a post and some one jumped all over me. i was saying THOSE people need to relax. Read this and u will understand. http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66507

·
Registered
602 Posts
In Reply To Skaters Comment, I Dont Have Any Problems With Duramaxes, This Is My Second, Look At My Garage, This Did Happen And S**t Does Happen
Just Seems Like Gm's Injectors Have Some Problems, More Than Others
Dood,

He was being sarcastic, if youve been reading in this section the past couple weeks you would know this... Everytime someone comes on and says that an LBZ blew up/hydrolocked/grenaded/glow plug ****ed there are a few that jump all over that person saying they are lying and since they have a low post count that automatically means that they are trolling.

BTW Skater, my thought exactly...

LBZ sucks :muahaha: They blow up :muahaha: Im a troll :muahaha:

:lol:

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
I suspect that some of this sarcasm has been directed towards me. I want to point out that I never called anyone a liar! I don't doubt at all that this engine hydrolocked. For all intents and purpose the engine in this truck is pretty well FCensoredd up. My concern is with the extra added hype of telling the world that the engine "grenaded" along with the added insinuations about the injector and towards GM when in fact the engine did NOT "grenade".

Sh?t happens. This engine is not totally immune to ever having a problem; no engine is. However, I know for a fact that there are tens of thousands of Duramax owner out there who are totally happy with their trucks; a lot more than is being led to believe by comments from some dissatisfied members here. Stating facts is one thing, but dramatic adjetives like "grenaded" do not really reflect what the vast majority of owners are experiencing and are not really neccessary.

Stop and think what the term "grenaded" might mean before you use such hype. Anyone who first reads this thread's headline would immediately envission and engine scattered all over the road. This did not happen. I'm just concerned about the unnecessarily added drama of using exagerated terms merely to attract attention.

This dieselplace forum has been extremely helpful in assisting members who have had questions or problems in the past or will have them in the future; myself included. I hope everyone can feel free to post questions and relate problems they have witnessed without feeling that they will be "jumped on" by other members here. I simply suggest to keep the added exagerations to yourself, because they serve no useful purpose here.

Now to get back to the original thread - I hope your brother-in-law had not yet signed the papers on that truck. That would really suck to have the engine in your new truck fail with only 21 mles on the odo. -:t

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well actualy it might have been a good thing, right now the plan is for a crate motor, if he had already took delivery it would have ment up to another 5 grand off gms employee price, i would have took the truck anyway for that with a new motor, by the way no hard feelings to anyone on this site, we are all friends here i hope.

·
Registered
9,970 Posts
Too bad he didn't buy it, another $5000 off the price would be nice. :phatyo:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello to all the above I am new to this site and it is my truck that decided to play dead. G.M. is going to fix it whatever it takes. I work at the dealership where I bought the truck from and I have talked to general motors today several times today. The number 4 injector stuck open and filled the cyl. and then the motor shut down. They are sending a new injector overnight and should be here tomorrow. They want it replaced and then check for any other damage to motor. I drive every new truck we get in and have never had a problem with a duramax before, I will post again tomorrow night and let you know how it went. I hope to drive it home tomorrow night .

Jim

·
Banned
735 Posts
Oh well, crap happens. Musta been the one that slipped by QC or something. Keep us posted on what (if anymore) damage is done.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts