Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the new ISS installed Fri and now have a new clunk. It used to rattle only when going slow and turning. Now it rattles when going straight and I can hear it more than feel it. still seems to be comming fron the steering cloumn. any thoughts?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
lower bearing in the column. go under the dash and grab the shaft and see if the is any vertical movement up near where the shaft bolts on.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No vertical movement that I can feel. cant get much leverage on it to check.

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
It is the lower steering column bushing and at this time there is no fix for it. I got creative with a hose clamp and mine does not make any noise anymore. They are working on a fix for it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
No fix? What about replacing the bushing? Hope that is going to work since mine is going in wed for a new bushing.............If not I will hold off and put clamp back on

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
Does anyone have pics of where this clamp needs to go? If not, could you possibly snap one? THANKS!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
wow very interesting....this is what my truck sounds like after installing the borgeson ISS.

I am glad I left the bogeson in.

So like others have mentioned the ISS was masking another problem.

Like peeling an onion on this steering clunk problem.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The borgeson shaft did not work for me....I sent it back for a refund. This is a damn aggrivating problem!

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
It ain't always the I.S. , mine was the lower steering shaft bearing, it fixed my dreaded clunk after 4 trips to the dealer:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts