Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, been awhile since I posted. Since I believe I'm looking at an expensive repair thought I should ask few question. I have a lb7 2003 GMC which I bought new. The truck has only 76000 miles. I've been getting the light white smoke and strong odor at idle. There are no other symptoms and the truck runs and starts fine. So I believe my injectors will need to be replaced. I read that new injectors are now available and looking for advise as to which ones seem to work well or would rebuilt work and last as long? Also I don't think I'll tackle this so if there's anyone that can recommend a shop near the Tampa Bay area I would appreciated it .Thanks

·
Administrator
18,984 Posts
I would check your balance rates and perform flow return testing first..
You can upgrade to the SAC style Injectors.
Contact our Supporting Vendor; ( Brent) Lincoln Diesel Specialties Diesel Injection, Parts and Services
Brent can offer you some great advice on those Injectors

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would check your balance rates and perform flow return testing first..
You can upgrade to the SAC style Injectors.
Contact our Supporting Vendor; ( Brent) Lincoln Diesel Specialties Diesel Injection, Parts and Services
Brent can offer you some great advice on those Injectors
Thanks for the diagnostic tips, and once I find a shop I may check that link for the injectors. While I still work on my old Pontiacs about the only thing I tackle on the Diesel is maintenance . Have thought of running the upper engine cleaner to see if that helps. Hope someone will advise of a good shop in my area or afraid I'll end up at the dealer ie stealer......

·
Administrator
18,984 Posts
Thanks for the diagnostic tips, and once I find a shop I may check that link for the injectors. While I still work on my old Pontiacs about the only thing I tackle on the Diesel is maintenance . Have thought of running the upper engine cleaner to see if that helps. Hope someone will advise of a good shop in my area or afraid I'll end up at the dealer ie stealer......
I would find shops in your local area and start looking at Google/online reviews, BBB ratings, etc. to locate the best choice

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As I noted above i was going to try running a cleaner through the system. However while looking for x66p cleaner i noted the price had increased , so was wondering what folks thought of the ac delco 10-3015,or the bmw82140428376 which appears similar to the ac delco x66p. Thanks and also still looking for a good diesel shop near Clearwater FL......

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wanted to update as I finally was able to run the ac delco 10-3015 cleaner. One thing that really stinks is when folks start a thread but never come back and post if/how there problem was resolved. So after running the cleaner and driving about 50 miles I still have the white haze, so as of now I can't say it help. I have read that a heavy dose of seafoam in the fuel filter has produced good results so I'm thinking of doing that sincei need to change the filter after running the cleaner. I need the truck for a trip in three weeks and since it runs fine no codes and the main thing no fuel in the oil. I'm going to chance it and hope for the best. If I have improved results after the seafoam I'll update. Any advice always appreciated.

·
Administrator
18,984 Posts
Just wanted to update as I finally was able to run the ac delco 10-3015 cleaner. One thing that really stinks is when folks start a thread but never come back and post if/how there problem was resolved. So after running the cleaner and driving about 50 miles I still have the white haze, so as of now I can't say it help. I have read that a heavy dose of seafoam in the fuel filter has produced good results so I'm thinking of doing that sincei need to change the filter after running the cleaner. I need the truck for a trip in three weeks and since it runs fine no codes and the main thing no fuel in the oil. I'm going to chance it and hope for the best. If I have improved results after the seafoam I'll update. Any advice always appreciated.
Checking balance rates before and after the cleaning can help you determine things better.
Seafoam in the filter can help also.

Unfortunately, many threads do not get a follow-up.
There are many one-time posters who only post the problem and never respond back or they will interact with a few posts and never follow up on what fixed the issue..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts