Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had all 8 replaced a couple of weeks ago. This past weekend I finally got to go on a long trip (500+ mile). I got the attached pic at the half-way point. It was reading 24 a couple of days before I took the pic, but I did some in-town driving before remembering to get the camera.

Previously to the injector service, I was getting only slightly better than 20 MPG.

All I can say is "Why didn't I go for new injectors sooner??" (Not Really!)

Can new injectors actually increase mileage this dramatically? I never got this good of mileage with the old ones, were they defective from the start?

L8r

Attachments

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
That is impressive if you are stock. I still would like to see it hand calculated to confirm.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
100% stock...

Before the service, the calculation difference between the DIC and hand were only off by at most 3-4 tenths.

I guess I should do another hand calc just to confirm the DIC's numbers. Can't do that now as I have shut off the Personal Log...

L8r

·
Registered
334 Posts
a lot of guys are getting 20-22 on the highway(lb7) with an automatic so i believe your mileage is definitely possible considering you have a zf 6 speed. wil

·
Registered
170 Posts
Does my Duramax do that? Or was it an option? I've never seen anything like that on my screen. LOL

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Does my Duramax do that? Or was it an option? I've never seen anything like that on my screen. LOL
I think only w/steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I have gotten as good as 24.5 on an Interstate trip at 65-75 steady. I think my cap improves aerodynamics over an uncapped crew cab.

·
Registered
410 Posts
likewise...just the other day i saw in the 24's but couldnt keep my foot out of it for too long

·
Registered
565 Posts
Best I could do

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
I did a long highway trip on Sunday and set the cruise at 67. At the end of the trip I averaged 23.1 mpg with hills and flats mixed in.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
I have those dreams right now. I get about 17.5 in town. I am in construction and my truck sits and idles alot. I need to take my LB7 in and have the injectors checked. Lots of little noises. It only has 48K on it, still want new injectors...:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
GEEZ, I only get 14.5 mpg! And that's when I drive like grandma! Maybe I need to take it to Chevy to have them check the injectors...????

·
Registered
17 Posts
Three weeks ago I noticed that my truck started to stink a little. It didn't really bother me, but it did keep tailgaters back about a hundred feet. There wasn't any serious smoke, drop in mileage, excessive rough idle or diesel in the crankcase. Just that noxious smell when I got out of the truck. I finally took it to the dealer on Tuesday morning. They diagnosed the problem Tuesday afternoon, replaced all of the injectors on Wednesday and Thursday. I picked up the truck today (Friday) and it runs great. The highway mileage ia still around 22.2 mpg at 65 mph. The same as before. City Checrolet in San Diego has always been fair, honest, informative and most of all truthful in their service work on my truck. After reading all the injector posts on this forum over the years, I was expecting something painful!

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Well I am going to take mine in next week lets hope is goes as well as yours did....

·
Registered
90 Posts
I guess I should feel lucky getting 16 MPG in the city and 6.5-8 MPG towing.
I have taken mine to the dealer and they told me my injectors are fine. I think I'll demand a change.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I got 22.3 when my truck was almost new at 70 mph. Got injectors at 43,000 mi. less than a year ago, drove 4,000 mi. over this holiday at 80/85 mph. and hand calulated got 19.8 mpg. I can live with that!

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
I got 22.3 when my truck was almost new at 70 mph. Got injectors at 43,000 mi. less than a year ago, drove 4,000 mi. over this holiday at 80/85 mph. and hand calulated got 19.8 mpg. I can live with that!
I took my truck into Chevy today and they called and said they are replacing the injectors. I can't wait to get it back and see what kind of MPG change I get...

·
Registered
834 Posts
I get around 14-16 mpg average. Truck has 109,966 miles on it original injectors. I guess my question is how do you know if you need new injectors? Does the dealer tell you if you need them or you just decide "Hey I think I need new injectors" and then you have them replaced at the dealer. If I am the second owner of the truck, do that 200K injector warranty cover it or not? Please advise.
Thanks alot

·
Registered
626 Posts
The dealer will do some testing and determine if they need replaced. If they are ok they will charge you a service charge I would guess. I think you will be covered under warranty if they are needed.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts