Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've had the injectors replaced again with 134000 km. The engine has a noticable knock now under any acceleration. It kinda sounds like my old 6.2 diesel just quieter.
The first set of injectors were put in at 125000 km, and what a mess that was, the new injectors were faulty right from the start. A couple blew diesel right into the oil sump. So no oil pressure and back to the shop I went, another set of injectors within 50 km of the first replacement set.

The new set lasted until 134000 km and then suddenly it started to make a loud "ting ting ting" sound. Back to the dealer, injectors shooting raw diesel into the combustion chamber I guess. So new injectors everything seemed fine but the diesel smell never went away. Look under the hood and there is diesel leaking down both sides on the engine from two injectors. Take it back to the dealer and they replaced the cracked or cut o-rings. Now it is making the knocking sound under any acceleration light, medium and a bit less noticable under heavy acceleration. I have a lot of friends and family who have Duramaxs and mine is noticable knocking compared to theirs and compared what mine used to sound like. I might be lacking some power too.

Sorry for the long post, but I can't really get rid of the truck as I have another 1 and a half years in University yet and can't really afford an newer generation duramax.

Any suggestions?

cheers
Mark

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ideas anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

talkative crowd around here?

cheers

Mark

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
So what do you hate worse?

Gm's krappy trucks or thier krappy service?

Like a KNOCK ..........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts