Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Northwest Georgia and I raise, show and spend lots of money on Arabian horses. I have a 2500HD Duramax but I'm looking to upgrade to a 4500 or 5500. You know to pull a bigger trailer.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
:welcome:
Good to have you in the brother (and sister)hood. When you get a chance, create a signature showing your truck options and modifications so users can help you easier. Also, create a "Garage" and post pics of your rig.

Can't help you on this one, but someone will be able to. You might ask the question in the Medium Duty Trucks or do a search.

·
Registered
174 Posts
hello from oxford ga. be careful with trucks this size or bigger as the state DOT considers any vehicle with gvw 10,100 pounds or more a commercial vehicle and do not care wether it is personal or business, this makes you subject to all the commercial rules and regulations. deal with this everyday with customers towing small construction equipment and it is a big headache. have also seen people towing horse trailers with 1 ton trucks pulled over and made to prove that they are not making any money with trailer or horses. if they cannot prove it then they are usually fined, sometimes very severly, have heard $10,000 dollar ticket towing equipment without proper documentation, this is not a joke:eek: .

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
The FMSCA regulations state that if a vehicle has a GVWR of over 26K it is a commercial vehicle, no matter what it is used for. A vehicle with a GVWR or GCWR of over 10K is also considered a commercial vehicle if it used in interstate commerce. This also means if you are outside a 100 air mile radius, you may be required to keep a logbook and maintain it and also have a health card that states that you have passed a DOT physical.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts