Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy All!
I am new to this board and a "new" diesel owner. I recently purchaced a 93 F-350 crew cab, 4-wd, 7.3 turbo.
Love the truck and it really suits my needs. My first glitch has me puzzled. I went over some rough terrain at low speed and the truck stalled. After some fuel purging and tinkering it started again only to stall again. I switched to the front tank and it has been fine since. I am curious if something came loose in the rear tank, filter sock, or something like it? I don't believe there is an inertia cutoff as there is no electric pump on this model. Thanks for any advice and thoughts about this year and model. Take it easy on me though I am green!

·
Registered
285 Posts
First of all welcome to the board. Congrats on your new truck.

While I am no no expert on this as I only deal with diesel equipment, it sounds like air got into your system, was your tank low when you went over the rough terrain? If that was the problem, you probably got air sucked into the system and it bleed out.

Lenny

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. The rear tank had a tad over half so i don't believe air was the problem but who's to say. I plan on pulling the lines and checking flow thru each segment of the system next chance I get. So far it's rolling fine on the front tank.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm thinking I read somewhere the the pick up assembly can fall off causeing that problem. Seems like the pickup foot, or strainer is on a rubber line that goes about 1/2 way up the pickup tube.

Sounds like it fell off.

·
Registered
285 Posts
yep I gotta agree, there is definatly air in the system. I'd start looking for where it could leak, traveler definatly has a handle on it.

Lenny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts