Diesel Place banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone, Keep an eye Peeled for a Black 3500 D Max Dually... on a Chevy lot near you. I want a Crew cab, D-Max/Allison 6 Speed 2WD '06 Dually, Black with Graphite custom cloth...
This is a tough one to find. Every Chevy dealer in the world has it in White, but it's gotta be black. In you happen to notice one, please let me know. And No, I don't care where it is, I just need a lead on it. :)

·
Registered
31,525 Posts
Welcome :) Have your dealer do an inventory search within the area you are willing to travel. Try Dave Smith Motors online, if he has one and you make a deal he will pick you up at the airport. He is in Montana.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, thanks for the info! :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think my local dealer may have one. I will check tomorrow. Does it have to be a 2 wheel drive?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Welcome :) Have your dealer do an inventory search within the area you are willing to travel. Try Dave Smith Motors online, if he has one and you make a deal he will pick you up at the airport. He is in Montana.
Actually, Dave Smith Motors is in Wallace, Idaho (maybe forty-five minutes from the Montana border). I believe that they pick up customers at the Spokane, Washington airport and drive to Wallace...maybe a half-hour drive.

Prices at Dave Smith Motors are reportedly pretty good, though not the most inexpensive. The good news is that they have a heck of an inventory and are really nice folks to deal with.

There is another dealer in Missoula, this time actually in Montana, who gives killer deals and normally has an excellent stock of trucks. Darned if I can think of the dealers name, but you might put "Missoula, Montana" in GM BuyPower and look at what the locals have.

The killer is going to be the two-wheel drive. The customer HAS to be out-of-state. It snows here in Oregon/Washington/Idaho/Montana and the dealers very seldom sell a truck to a local that is NOT four-wheel.

Good luck in your quest, my friend. I sincerely hope that you find the exact rig you want.

Steve

·
Registered
265 Posts
Karl Tyler Chevrolet, Missoula, Mt.

I just checked their inventory and they have 24 3500s in stock. They have one black LT3/dually/CC/longbed/LBZ, but it is 4X4 and has tan leather interior.

Rick

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think my local dealer may have one. I will check tomorrow. Does it have to be a 2 wheel drive?

Yes, It really does. I won't have need for a 4by, and can't justify the additional operating costs and maintainence...Thanks for checking! :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually, Dave Smith Motors is in Wallace, Idaho (maybe forty-five minutes from the Montana border). I believe that they pick up customers at the Spokane, Washington airport and drive to Wallace...maybe a half-hour drive.

Prices at Dave Smith Motors are reportedly pretty good, though not the most inexpensive. The good news is that they have a heck of an inventory and are really nice folks to deal with.

There is another dealer in Missoula, this time actually in Montana, who gives killer deals and normally has an excellent stock of trucks. Darned if I can think of the dealers name, but you might put "Missoula, Montana" in GM BuyPower and look at what the locals have.

The killer is going to be the two-wheel drive. The customer HAS to be out-of-state. It snows here in Oregon/Washington/Idaho/Montana and the dealers very seldom sell a truck to a local that is NOT four-wheel.

Good luck in your quest, my friend. I sincerely hope that you find the exact rig you want.

Steve

Yeah, tell me about it! I'm currently working in Boston, you shoulda seen the salesmans' face when I told him I wanted a 2 wheel drive!:p:

·
Registered
345 Posts
You could also order from your local dealership, that way you can get exactly what you want, thats what i did. The only bad part is the wait.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't bail on you guys, just been busy at work- Today, however, I picked this up. :D

Important mods completed :rotfl:

More soon, long drive to get it, time to enjoy icy cold pilsner. :D

·
Registered
618 Posts
Looks good, where did you end up buying it at.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I stumbled on it yesterday afternoon on GM Buypower, found it at Clayton Chevrolet, Arab AL.

·
Registered
618 Posts
thats a little drive out of Atlanta- hopefully cheaper though. Congrats

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep, from the west Side it took a bit over 3 hours. I think I got a decent deal, but the real kicker was finding the color. Black is NOT easy to find. :(

·
Registered
618 Posts
black looks the best-- when its clean. Thats the problem. Mine is black and all of this pollen is doing a number on it. Anyway good deal and don't spend to much at that carwash :D

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey, but Black is an exclusive club, huh? :)

·
Registered
618 Posts
that it is.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Congrats on finding exactly what you wanted, I bet you are happy! That is a really beautiful truck, does it have the graphite interior you wanted?

I found my truck at a dealer 450 miles from my home so my first drive in it was a long one also. It was fun cruisin down the freeway playing with all the "gadgets" and getting everything adjusted and dialed in!:)

Rick

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep, has graphite as well. :) You sound just like me, I was messin' with all the stuff within reach on the 3 hour ride home. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts