Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello been checking in once in a while for the last year and thought i would introduce myself. i have owned my truck for 2 and a half years and been very happy with it. i carry 5000lbs in the bed everyday and average 17mpg on the highway .seems like the truck likes the weight in the bed rather than towing a 5000lb 14x6 enclosed trailer i have had no major problems since i owned it (150,000 kms) just keep it serviced. i am thinking of buying a 03 sle 2500 hd 4x4 auto ext cab long bed for $23,000(19,500 usd) which is a good deal considering a new one is $65,000 (55,000 usd) just seeing if anyone has any advice on what to look for when buying. i have read that i should check pitman and idler arm plus look for wear in other front suspension parts, fuel in moter and for hole in t case. i dont need a newer truck as my truck works great but it maybe time to upgrade. thanks, i have learned alot from this site.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Welcome...from another Calgarian. LOL

23K is a fair price. Get the VIN and submit it on this site for a VIN check. The 2003 injectors now have the extended warranty which is a good thing. Ask for the maintenance records if available to check for regular servicing...especially the fuel filter.

Love my LB7.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts