Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to sell or trade my 2003 HD Duramax for a new 2007 in November. I want the same truck as I have now only a new one. The problem I have is the Transflow fuel tank and the fiver hitch. I can take the fiver hitch off with not problem but the fuel tank another story. Has any one took a Transflow tank out? Where is the wire for the fuel gauge? I would take it back to where it was put in but they cut a ground and gave me a fit trying to fix it. It finally ended up at a dealership who fixed it and told the people who put it in it was their fault. They would not admit it, so I am done with them. I am going to exchange the tank my self and hope I don't cut a ground.
Tom

·
Registered
32 Posts
tanks are different for lb7 and lbz,so unless you are going to sell it on ebay you might as well leave it in the old truck.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Call Transferflow Customer service on their toll free line. They are very helpful and will give or send you exact instructions on how to make the change. You may have to have your electronics recalculated by them as the 07 may be different. They will not know until the 07's come out. Their assistance and customer service can not be matched in the fuel tank industry.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Also I believe the new 2007 HD with Duramax arent going to be available until Feb07 not November....

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
Also I believe the new 2007 HD with Duramax arent going to be available until Feb07 not November....
Don't get your hopes up just yet, GM keeps pushing them back. I spoke with a rep about 2 weeks ago and there about 3 weeks behind right now on the suburbans and even more on the rest of the 07's.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Isn't the 2007 still on the GMT800 platform still?

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts