Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone I am fairly new to this site but have owned a 2002 Ext. Cab GMC Duramax for 2 Yrs. & 35000 miles. I just took a new 2004 home tonight for a 24 Hr. test ride. It is much Quiter in the cab but I can hear a faint Turbo wine that sounds real nice.The Turbo does kick in sooner. As for more power , it only had 25 miles on it so it doesn't run well yet. I love the new auto fold back mirrors with the turn Sigs. in them. Also like the new overdrive blockout feature & the duel Temp. Heater controls. I TOOK IT TO THE MALL TONIGHT AND IT SEEMED TO TURN A BIT QUICKER FOR EASIER PARKING .DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THEY CHANGED THE TURNING RADIUS SINCE 2002 OR AM I JUST KIDDING MYSELF? All in all there are several nice improvements including the better looking grille and the dealer gave me a nice trade so this time tomorrow GM may have scored again on the IN THE DRIVEWAY Coupon. I will let you know.
DURABILL

·
Registered
909 Posts
Hi Durabill,

I did a 24 hr test drive back in 2001. I think it was an experimental program back then.

So the turning radius seems tighter. I would be all for that, in addition to a bit more responsive steering. Silly question, are you comparing similar wheelbased trucks?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well thats a fair question. Yes it is the same wheelbase and as I say it may just be me. Well any how here I am at 3 AM cause I can't sleep wondering about weather I should buy the new 2004. The deal seems right Jumping 2 years and getting a new truck with full warranty for $8500.

Durabill

·
Registered
398 Posts
WOW, I didn't think the type would go down to this size.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had to get out my other bifocals and double stack em to see that small print. Whoops there I go again an age myself again. any way it sounds like real a good deal. I find those folding mirrors to be real handy when storing the truck in the garage

Engineer Bill

·
Registered
68 Posts
You did it now, the new truck bug as bit you. I traded my 2000 GMC 2500 6.0 gasser in on a 2003 2500HD D/A after a 24 hr test drive.

I took a hit on the trade, but I got the diesel, 4WD and power windows, locks and seat the 2000 did not have. These upgrades made me feel better about the hit to the savings acccount.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
The 24 hour test drive will do GM a lot of good. In Canada we were late getting the 24 hour test drive so when I bought my truck it was not available. Because I know my dealer so well they let me take it home for 'a day or two'. I wasn't really in too much of a hurry to buy a new truck but after driving it for a day I HAD to have it. I am sure glad I bought it now. Had I not have test drove one for 24 hours I am not sure where I would be today.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
24 Hr. Test Ride Update:

Well after taking my wife for a ride in the 2004 she fell in love with Sand Beige but insists on a Auto Air & Heat control, as her job on trips was to keep the Temp. controled by constantly adjusting the fan and AC. Also we need a power drivers seat since we are all so short. So it's the dealers job to locate the right one for us.

The new engine even after 125 miles was still not as powerfull as my 2002 Lb7.We did both noticed a quiter cab with a little less engine noise and a better ride. The better ride may be a result of the 35000 miles of wear on the 2002. Soooooooo it's back to waiting for a locate of one that suits us. I may have to step up to a SLT to find what I want. Wouldn't that be a shame

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
EngineerBill said:
I had to get out my other bifocals and double stack em to see that small print.

Engineer Bill

And I thought it was just me..

·
Registered
713 Posts
I thought it was self abuse finally rearing it's ugly little head

1 - 10 of 10 Posts